Wish Modifier/External Control of Tempo Subdivisions

I didn't see this in the master list.

It would be nice to not have to sacrifice channels to step through or select a specific subdivision. In addition to not leaving space for more than one effect model, being limited to 4 subdivisions before you have to load another block to access more is not the most efficient use of dsp.

Another drawback of having to use channels to accomplish this I am encountering is the channel will always revert to the scene default. So if I change the delay time or phaser speed with a channel change and then change scenes to add drive or change amps or whatnot using a scene change, that delay or phaser will change with it when I may not want it to.

Just somethin that'd be nice to have 😁

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Im picturing it as a control accessible from a fc layout or from a midi control. So for instance i could make a "delay" layout that has the 3, 9, 15, whatever amount of subdivisions I want selectable or an option to advance through a range. And this would all be on one channel so channel a could be a bbd with certain settings/ducking/eq and channel 2 is a different delay style etc. Same idea for other quantisable effects

+1 - Having this modifiable would be really cool. The 'fun' part from the programming/UI perspective will likely be how to choose one of the 79 possible values. Seems like a use case for the mutually-exclusive control switches....

FracPad might be able to assign the modifier. This works with the Axe-FX II.

I tried converting from Axe II to FM3 with FracTool but it looks like the modifier ends up being applied to the "ratio" parameter instead.

+1 - Having this modifiable would be really cool. The 'fun' part from the programming/UI perspective will likely be how to choose one of the 79 possible values. Seems like a use case for the mutually-exclusive control switches....

one easy way to do it, is to simply assign each subdivision a cc value (or range of values). i used to set up a cc pedal to scroll between a small range, which was useful

Back
Top Bottom