Modern Metal and Tool Preset/cab bundle

Wooow @mjd515 this is the best preset ever to play Tool! Amazing tone! thanks!

I added an enhacer at the end of the chain because sometimes the sound sounds more open.

Would you tell me how you put together the IRs? Did you look for parts of songs where only the guitar can be heard? If it has the match tone block, do I need to match the preset with my guitar?

Thanks! 😊

Last edited:
the tool IRs are matched from isolated sections of vicarious. if i remember right i panned the track because there is some phase stuff going on. the tone match block was just left over from the matching i did, the IRs in the preset were exported from the TM block. you can shunt the TM block.

this is my most recent patch. using dynacabs for both the modern metal and the tool scene. i used my ear to dial in the cabs for the tool scene but everyones is different so changes might be needed

Attachments

• LowMidHigh Classic.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 76
the tool IRs are matched from isolated sections of vicarious. if i remember right i panned the track because there is some phase stuff going on. the tone match block was just left over from the matching i did, the IRs in the preset were exported from the TM block. you can shunt the TM block.

this is my most recent patch. using dynacabs for both the modern metal and the tool scene. i used my ear to dial in the cabs for the tool scene but everyones is different so changes might be needed

Thanks bro! very good explanation, it never occurred to me to use tonematch panned and get a IR for each channel.

I will definitely try this new preset!

i have done some tone matching and extensive tweaking perfecting a Tool Tone Match. i also have a modern metal tone in scene 1, scene 5 is the Tool TM. let me know how you guys like it
Your preset is really fantastic. I specifically love scene 1 too. If you have any update on it or other presets you'd like to share, I would be very interested. Great work, congrats!

i have done some tone matching and extensive tweaking perfecting a Tool Tone Match. i also have a modern metal tone in scene 1, scene 5 is the Tool TM. let me know how you guys like it
Sounds good... any chance you have a preset for Chancellor's tones?

attached are my current presets, i moved to dynacab and have redone the tool preset with the exact settings on Adams amps along with any little tweaks. i also attached a preset i did for zakk wild and slash. let me know how you guys like em!

both presets are for the most up to date firmware as of 01/08/24 (24.03)

the low mid high has changed for last time i uploaded it as well so try it again!

Attachments

• LowMidHigh Classic.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Zakk.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom