Modded Ground Control Pro :)

okstrat

Nothing TOO exciting... I replaced all the red LEDs with blue ones:
groundcontrol2.jpg

...and put a green one for the 'edit' feature. It actually looks cool with the green screen, makes me almost wish I had put all green LEDs in there!
groundcontrol1.jpg

Also taped names to all my fx that I turn off/on, easier than trying to remember at a gig after I have a few beers whether 2 or three is the boost. Left 1 and 2 alone, as I use them right now to get the patches level the same. Once I finally am happy with that, I'll probably use them for something cool.

Pete

Cool mod, was it hard to do? Ive taken to using reflective tape on my GCP, works great on a darkened stage!

DSCF5069.jpg

DSCF5072.jpg

Wasn't too hard, took a few hours though. Gotta have 3mm LEDs, and after you put them in give yourself some time for alignment... each LED is in a plastic 'sheath' that is about 1/2" long. You have to make sure they are lined up properly with each hole.

Very cool on the glow in the dark tape, I may be looking for a slightly more permanent solution than what I'm using now. I don't like how the clear tape looks on mine, but it protects stuff pretty well. Did an outdoor gig and got all sorts of dew/grass/dirt on the board, wiped it with a damp cloth and it's new again! :)

Pete

Dang I'm a sucker for bright blue LEDs. Are they super bright though? I installed a few on pedals and they were so blinding I could even see the footswitch when it was pitch black, let alone a label.

They aren't blinding, but brighter IMHO than the red ones. Here is an updated pic, I think I'm going to start selling labelling solutions for midi footswitches... :)

gcpro.jpg

That is impressive actually . I like it. Was setting up your GCP in " virtual stompbox mode " difficult? I have a new in box GCP sitting in the closet. I'm just now starting to create patches. Once that's done it'll be time for the GCP programming. Hope I can figure it out... Otherwise I'll be asking here ( after researching past threads of course! ) I just noticed... Happy 100th post!

I just tried to get my GCP open to remove the rubber feet and I have no idea how to do it. There are six screws at the bottom and that's all I see but it looks like you have to pry open the metal a bit to get it unhinged. How'd you do it op?

In addition to the screws on the bottom....you have to remove the 4 hex screws on the top (2 on each side).

Back
Top Bottom