ML SOUND LAB ENTRY & FIRST RECORDING

Dr Buds

Inspired
Hey everyone,

First time clip sharer here.

I posted this in the User Cab & Ir's section in Mikko's contest thread, but I thought I'd share it here too as I could definitely use some feedback on the tone/mix/mastering side of things.

The playing isn't as tight as I would have liked either. I couldn't get a decent take of the solo last night, so this is a bit of a spliced mess!!

Anyway, chime in and let me know what you think :eagerness:

Tonally I'm liking the guitar tone a lot, nice healthy midrange to help it cut through. You can definitely afford more low end from your bass though. The mix as a whole also feels really dry, I think you can get away with more reverb on the drums, especially the snare. And don't be afraid to squash the master bus a little!

Thanks for the feedback! Will definitely give that a try. I just got superior drummer with the Andy Sneap SDX and this is one of his presets so I thought it would've had enough reverb on it. I'll play around with it some more. Thanks!

No problem! Drums, especially so on denser mixes, eat up reverb. I personally like flash style verbs on my snare but most anything will give it that extra depth, room and plate verbs on the overhead and room mics will add a sense of together but be more wary on those channels

No problem! Drums, especially so on denser mixes, eat up reverb. I personally like flash style verbs on my snare but most anything will give it that extra depth, room and plate verbs on the overhead and room mics will add a sense of together but be more wary on those channels

Cool, I really need to get a good reverb plug in. I don't have much in that regard apart from the stock reaper stuff

Cool, I really need to get a good reverb plug in. I don't have much in that regard apart from the stock reaper stuff

Word, Im a reaper user as well as a matter of fact haha. A lot of the stock stuff that comes with it are actually pretty good and are very useable so by all means try as much of it as you can, ReaEQ is my go to parametric for instance. Welcome to Antress Modern Plugins these plugins are also REALLY good and free(!!!), my drums get a nice healthy dose of the reverbs in this pack of plugins (modern spacer and flashverb). Happy mixing and good luck :)

Yeah I use ReaComp & ReaEQ a lot, they seem to work pretty well. I'll definitely check those ones out too. Thanks for the heads up! :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom