ML Brit Collection: The Mothership!

I have 2 questions and I know the second one is dumb but gonna ask any way because I am not giving up hope.
1-Are there any Fredman mic mixes in the pack?
2-will these also be available in .wav format? (Please please )

MIkko i have to ask, since i already have a pre rola collection from OwnHammer, have you tested those IRs? if so what can i expect from your collection that would lure me to buy them?

I ask this because betwween ML Studios and Ownhammer there are very similar Cabs that are being sampled.

Thanks.
I have tested those OwnHammer Pre-Rolas as well. I have nothing bad to say about them. I think they were well balanced IR's. However they sound very different to the Pre-Rolas I've done. We have to remember that we're talking about almost 50 year old speakers so they all age differently and they did changes to the speaker design constantly.

I like to compare the Pre-Rola speakers to 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standards. They are the most sought after pieces of gear that jump started rock'n'roll. However each of them has their character. I have 8 different Pre-Rola speakers in this collection.

I'll definitely buy this pack and the engl+orange pack, regardless of the answer to my question. Awesome tone samples!
My question is, will there be presets which utilize modern high gain amps in this pack or the other? That would be great, especially for the ones who have a hard time dialing a good high gain tone, like me.
There are a few Preset-Cab bundles that are more in the high gain territory like f.ex. a HBE and JVM preset. That being said I've created so many "metal packs" by now that I wanted to concentrate more on the "Brit" side of things this time.

The ML Bulb Angle Citrus pack will have a Preset-Cab Bundle made by Misha Mansoor. He actually used that exact preset when creating those mixes so they should work perfectly together. :)

Hi Mikko ML Brit Collection CabPack, it's Great.

Your link about Pre-rola story is very interesting.

Do you know this, about Pre-rola, Greenback, Cone and Pulsonic (it's long to read, but it's great article)
http://solodallas.com/celestion-loudspeakers-from-blues-to-greenies-and-beyond
Thanks for this one! That definitely explains the Pre-Rola thing and also the G12-80. Also those Vox Alnico Blue speakers that "changed the game" according to this article were the ones in the "Class-A" combo I used for Cab Pack 18.

I have 2 questions and I know the second one is dumb but gonna ask any way because I am not giving up hope.
1-Are there any Fredman mic mixes in the pack?
2-will these also be available in .wav format? (Please please )
1. The SM57-SM57 Alloys are kind of similar to the Fredman mic technique. I'll say it again, I don't place mics with my eyes like the Fredman technique suggests. I'm sure for some cabs for a certain tone that's a magical technique but I don't think there are constant rules like this that work for every speaker out there.

2. Nope. ;) These are Fractal exclusive releases. Obviously you can use these in your DAW with the Cab-Lab 3 VST plugin.

Wow, let me just say that the way you put those demos together is super slick. Very useful, very professional, excellent work.

Wow, let me just say that the way you put those demos together is super slick. Very useful, very professional, excellent work.
Well thank you Sam. I know how hard it can be for you guys to know how these Cab Packs sound so I try and do my best to let everyone know what they're getting into. :)

Reactions: sam
ProgressiveRocco just released a clip using a mix of single mics from both of the "based on Pre-Rola" cabs from this collection and boy does it sound great. For those guys asking about the metalness there's some of that going on in the end of this clip also. Enjoy!

Jesus...can we have it pls ;)
It's waiting in queue. :) There's a few things in higher priority at FAS for the moment. Meanwhile let's look at pretty pictures:

P1010065_Snapseed.jpg

Mesa Boogie Roadster, 1969 Marshall Pre-Rola T1511 55hz Greenback 4x12, 1973 Marshall Pre-Rola T1221 75hz Greenback 4x12, 1964 Vox AC30TB.

Needless to say I had fun. :D

Back
Top Bottom