MKIIC+ and the HBE with the new ML Misha Zilla Cab Pack Loud & Live

I already said this in the Facebook post but I'll say it again. I love seeing the pack used in a "non-djent" environment. We didn't create genre specific IR's nor is it ever the aim. I'm extremely happy to see the signature Tony note sustain and classic rock crunch sound maybe even better than ever right? Good job buddy and keep it up! :)

Thaks Mikko - those IR's sound really awesome with any kind of genre and last night I had a go with the Misha presets included in this Cab Pack - wow what an experience - they are amazing. :D
For sure. Those presets have something more in them than the IR's. :) A lot of cool space effects for example. I feel like starting a music project for making spa music with Misha's presets. :D

For sure. Those presets have something more in them than the IR's. :) A lot of cool space effects for example. I feel like starting a music project for making spa music with Misha's presets. :D
Everyone talks about this cab pack. I've been hesitant to buy this because the axe fx is so amazing with the cabs already their. I feel like the cabs in the Axe Fx their can make the sounds in these presets in cab packs. I can be wrong but to me it seems like if you put the right mix, the right eq, and the right settings, you can get an awesome sound. I just feel like these can packs are the quicker way to get a sound that truly csme from hard work but instantly accessed buy a purchase.

I've been tempted to buy the Misha cab pack because I truly love his tone, but by me trying to aim from his sound, it lead me to discover my own signature sound using all axe Fx equipment amps and cabs.

This tone is very good. Just the right amount of low end with a very tight high end. A good taste of scooped mids, but also able to hear the articulation in the notes by simply using the treble and presence tastefully.

What stands it out is the tone stack. I'll never buy a cab pack now. It too me 7 weeks to find this tone.;)

I already said this in the Facebook post but I'll say it again. I love seeing the pack used in a "non-djent" environment. We didn't create genre specific IR's nor is it ever the aim. I'm extremely happy to see the signature Tony note sustain and classic rock crunch sound maybe even better than ever right? Good job buddy and keep it up! :)

I understand you completely. I found a Djent tone using the Euro Uberschall (Bogner) with my choice of drive, and Uber 75 v30 cabs. I was very shocked because I would assume an Engl would be great for Djent which will get you their but that amp is way way way to thin sounding for me.

Sure @All Sanity Lost Freddy there are lots of great stock IR's. Some actually made by me as well like fex. F73 and F74. (try them out) :)

The philosophy I follow is "if something sounds good going in it'll sound good coming out" and "if something doesn't sound good going in you'll spend a lot of time trying to make it good and you might never get it there". The same philosophy applies to a performance or pretty much anything really. :) Obviously what I'm trying to get at here is that with more IR options you'll have way more control over your sound. You might fear that you'll spend too much time searching for the right IR but the fact is that once you've found a good IR you will be able to create awesome guitar tones in a matter of minutes. I think the majority of people find what they're looking for in the Ace folders which only takes a few minutes to go through. What I aim for with my IR's is that when the mic position is really fine tuned you don't need a lot of EQ (or in many cases any EQ) to make it sit in a professional way in a mix.

I don't mean to down-talk stock IR's. They're great. Instead I would argue every Cab Pack is more powerful than getting a dozen new amp sims in the Axe-Fx. The IR thing is not for everyone but if you ever feel like giving it a shot I strongly suggest the Zilla pack. Not only is it one of the best packs I've ever put out sonically but it has quite a versatile palette of sounds with all those different speaker options. :)

Sure @All Sanity Lost Freddy there are lots of great stock IR's. Some actually made by me as well like fex. F73 and F74. (try them out) :)

The philosophy I follow is "if something sounds good going in it'll sound good coming out" and "if something doesn't sound good going in you'll spend a lot of time trying to make it good and you might never get it there". The same philosophy applies to a performance or pretty much anything really. :) Obviously what I'm trying to get at here is that with more IR options you'll have way more control over your sound. You might fear that you'll spend too much time searching for the right IR but the fact is that once you've found a good IR you will be able to create awesome guitar tones in a matter of minutes. I think the majority of people find what they're looking for in the Ace folders which only takes a few minutes to go through. What I aim for with my IR's is that when the mic position is really fine tuned you don't need a lot of EQ (or in many cases any EQ) to make it sit in a professional way in a mix.

I don't mean to down-talk stock IR's. They're great. Instead I would argue every Cab Pack is more powerful than getting a dozen new amp sims in the Axe-Fx. The IR thing is not for everyone but if you ever feel like giving it a shot I strongly suggest the Zilla pack. Not only is it one of the best packs I've ever put out sonically but it has quite a versatile palette of sounds with all those different speaker options. :)

Dude your have intrigued the live $$#K out of my mind..... wow, nicely put dude. So let me give you three bands I absolutely admire guitar tone wise and let me know if the cab pack you just mentioned can Make me happy.

KoRn - their Scooped mids and boldness

Meshuggah - their body in their low end yet with a very pronounced high

Veil of Mya - Mids on the chugs.

Any one of those tones are great for me.

I'm using a Bogner because it's very Bold and have a high treble setting with scooped mids, but then I use a JVM Marshall tones tack which makes such a good blend and kinda makes up for my mids being so low. The sound I get is amazing.

I'm very open to your cab pack idea but with what I just gave you, do you think I could get better? Of course I couldn't hold you up to it, but as an advisor based on what I just gave you, would it be a good fit please let me know.

Dude your have intrigued the live $$#K out of my mind..... wow, nicely put dude. So let me give you three bands I absolutely admire guitar tone wise and let me know if the cab pack you just mentioned can Make me happy.

KoRn - their Scooped mids and boldness

Meshuggah - their body in their low end yet with a very pronounced high

Veil of Mya - Mids on the chugs.

Any one of those tones are great for me.

I'm using a Bogner because it's very Bold and have a high treble setting with scooped mids, but then I use a JVM Marshall tones tack which makes such a good blend and kinda makes up for my mids being so low. The sound I get is amazing.

I'm very open to your cab pack idea but with what I just gave you, do you think I could get better? Of course I couldn't hold you up to it, but as an advisor based on what I just gave you, would it be a good fit please let me know.
That's always nice to hear! Thank you. :)

I was kind of a nu-metal kid back in the day so bands like KoRn, Linkin Park, Bizkit, Papa Roach etc. are what I spent my youth listening to. Try those stock cabs that I mentioned as they are Mesa 4x12 IR's. That particular cab is the "Petrucci cab" so it has a bit more mids than the Oversize 4x12 Mesa but that's close to the KoRn sound for sure. Based on what you described I think you want 4x12 Mesa IR's for sure. :)

That's always nice to hear! Thank you. :)

I was kind of a nu-metal kid back in the day so bands like KoRn, Linkin Park, Bizkit, Papa Roach etc. are what I spent my youth listening to. Try those stock cabs that I mentioned as they are Mesa 4x12 IR's. That particular cab is the "Petrucci cab" so it has a bit more mids than the Oversize 4x12 Mesa but that's close to the KoRn sound for sure. Based on what you described I think you want 4x12 Mesa IR's for sure. :)

Do you know the exact cab model, I'm seeing multiple 4x12's

I have the axe fx II mart 1

Back
Top Bottom