Mission SP1-R input FS mod

I was wondering if I could run this mod by the community.

There seems to be scope for a mod on this pedal to allow you to install a TS (mono) jack and wire this to a external footwsitch. This in addition to the existing switch connection to the MFC would provide you the standard SP1 functionality, but with an extra footswitch tacked on the side. Otherwise it seems to me you are wasting a pedal input?

Wiring: Install a TS jack into the input placeholder that is installed on the pedal. If I disconnect the 'ring' connection from the existing switch output (TRS) jack, and connect this to the 'tip' of the new TS jack connector (and sleeve to 0v), this should allow me to use the new external and the built in switch over the one TRS cable to the MFC.

This sound right / wrong to anyone?

Mission came up with a fix for this where you can change out the toe switches in the SP-1. Then, you can use a TRS to dual TS "Y" cable so you're not wasting any inputs on the MFC. I did the change on both my pedals in about 20 minutes, and it works great.

Ahh. I see. I had seen the switch kit but it didn't click that it was a fix for this problem.. Doh. Thanks for showing me this. I asked mission but got no response. I guess it was a pretty silly question in light of the switch kit.

Yes. This is the correct one. Sorry we missed replying to your original question. I will address this with customer service. James.

Agreed. We are currently working on revised documentation and an all new support site. Hopefully should have something running in the next month or so. James.

SP1(-R) with LED option footswitch connection "least intrusive" mod

I have modified my SP-1R pedals to be able to use a standard TRS-2xTS Y-cable to hook them up to the MFC-101 XS1+2 input.

before:

Mission Engineering SP-1R LED mod 001.jpg

and after:

Mission Engineering SP-1R LED mod 002.jpg

I've disconnected the green (ring) wire, and re-soldered the black wire to where the green one was formerly connected on the switch. This way, your LED is properly in sync.

Hope that helps someone.

Back
Top Bottom