MISSION PEDALS WITH A SWITCH

The_Kid

Experienced
So I havent looked too far into it, only been reading threads that i've seen that caught my eye. I believe i am correct that the MFC can do 4 EXP pedals....

What I'd like to do is have 3 pedals, Mission pedals preferably, with the ones that have the toe switch, i thought I remember reading that they take up two spots because of the switch needing to be activated....

Can someone shed some light on that for me?

1 ext connection for the pedal and 1 xs connection for the switch. There are 4 of each available on the MFC.

If you want the dual function of the Mission with the switch (e.g. Vol & Wah) it takes two EXP inputs.

ok, thats what I was kinda assuming. so that means that I can hook up one with a switch, and 2 non switch pedals correct. Basic math, but just wanna make sure.

SP-1 uses 1 EXP + 1 XS; SP-2 uses 2 EXPs. That creates differences in what/how things can be done, probably something to consider before buying.

As I've written before, if you want to use the SP-1 for Volume AND Wah in the same patch and switch between them with the switch you have to connect the switch output to an EXP input, NOT a switch input.

In that thread Gmoulder has a great idea that should work with one EXP and two switch inputs if you like that better than using two EXP inputs.

I am only using the SP1 for wah and tried to get the switch to work in one of the switch jacks on the MFC but couldn't get it to work. I finally made another TRS Cable and plugged it into the #3 exp pedal jack on the MFC. Works fine now. Now I need to figure out how to make the switch plugs on the MFC to work.....Just cause I gotsta know!!!

As I've written before, if you want to use the SP-1 for Volume AND Wah in the same patch and switch between them with the switch you have to connect the switch output to an EXP input, NOT a switch input.
I am trying to setup a Mission SP-1 with my MFC-101 to work as Volume pedal when the LED is off and as Wah when the switch is pressed and the LED is on.
I tried to do what Merlin described, i.e. connect both the pedal output and the switch output of the SP-1 to EXP2 and EXP3 inputs, but can't get it to work. I use TRS cables for all connections.
Merlin, are you sure this is possible with the SP-1, or would I need an SP-2 for that? If yes, would you mind providing a bit more detail on how you made this work.
Other ideas are also appreciated. I read all available topics, including the Wiki.
Thanks,
Volker

Both the continuous out (Out 1), and the switch out (Out 2) on the SP-1 are intended to be connected to EXP inputs. The reason for this is that the SP-1 is designed to work with many different MIDI controllers, some of which do not have dedicated switch inputs. With it's four EXP inputs, the MFC-101 can support up to 2 x SP-1 or 4 x EP-1 and still leave the switch inputs free for other devices such as Tap Tempo switches etc. This is enough for most people so there has been no reason to produce a different version of the SP-1 that will only work with the MFC. If anybody absolutely has to use an MFC switch input with an SP1, try the following. Open the SP-1 by removing the four rubber feet and the baseplate. Clip off the green wire that goes from the toe switch to the ring terminal on Out 2 ( be careful not to clip anything from the Pot on Out 1 by mistake. this will break the pedal). Use a mono (TS) cable to connect Out 2 to the switch input on the MFC. Set the MFC external switch type to Toggle (Latching). Disable the MIDI function of the unused second switch. Note, this is officially unsupported (so if you contact customer service about it, they will not know what you are talking about ;-)and will invalidate the warranty, but it should work. Only do this if your EXP inputs are all used and you must use a switch input. The EXP inputs should work fine. James.

Back
Top Bottom