Mission Pedals or Boss FV-500L ...??

Rain

Fractal Fanatic
Hi everyone. Finally looking to replace my Ernie Ball Volume pedals that I've been using as Expression Pedals.... I'm looking for any recommendations or Pro's and Con's on either the Mission Pedals or the Boss FV-500L... any input will be greatly appreciated..!!!

Rock It....!!!!

Rain

I have both. I prefer the Boss. It has a wider sweep range and is built like a tank. The missions seem a bit flimsy by comparison IMO. The only advantages I can see with the missions are taking up less pedal board space and the assignable switches. It is also rediculously hard to adjust the tension on the mission pedals, I haven't been able to get an allan key to fit under there!

I've tried both, and I ended up greatly preferring the Boss pedals - bigger foot pedal , sweep range and better feel.......

i have one H and one L so i can use them for other analog purposes. they both function the same as an expression pedal.

I have both. I prefer the Boss. It has a wider sweep range and is built like a tank. The missions seem a bit flimsy by comparison IMO. The only advantages I can see with the missions are taking up less pedal board space and the assignable switches. It is also rediculously hard to adjust the tension on the mission pedals, I haven't been able to get an allan key to fit under there!

Exactly same opinion as antcarrier. Unfortunately I use a pedaltrain 3 with the MFC and two expression pedals, only the Missions fits, size wise...

I have one of each: the Mission I have is spring loaded and use that one as an auto-engage wah pedal.
The FV500 pretty much use for anything else.
If I had to make a choice one or the other it would be the FV 500. However I do like my spring loaded Mission allot, most likely since I was using a Bad Horsie wah which is spring loaded and auto-engaged also.

John

I use the FV-500H
this means that if I ever the need arises, I can disconnect it from the MFC and use it as a regular volume pedal

I've had both and I prefer the Boss. The Missions don't have the smooth travel that the Boss do, and they don't have as large of a range. Boss has better build quality and a far smoother travel.

Have used both, prefer Boss. More precise action, longer sweep, better for volume swells or subtle adjustments. Mission is more of a wah pedal as opposed to Boss which is a general expression pedal.

I have one of each: the Mission I have is spring loaded and use that one as an auto-engage wah pedal.
The FV500 pretty much use for anything else.
If I had to make a choice one or the other it would be the FV 500. However I do like my spring loaded Mission allot, most likely since I was using a Bad Horsie wah which is spring loaded and auto-engaged also.

John

This is what I do as well, but I wanted the spring-loaded auto-engage for a whammy in addition to wah. The other thing you can get with the missions is a toe-down stomp switch like classic wahs have.

But for any other parameter controls, the Boss is king.

What I do is either create a patch with the wha either engaged or not, depending if I want the wha engaged right at the start of a patch change. This means sometimes having two presets next to one another, one without the wha engaged, and the next with it engaged from the start. Then at any point if I want to shut it off, I simply disable the wha with the MFC or change to a different preset. Simple!

I don't like using an expression pedal that has a switch because I'm always afraid of pushing too hard and engaging the switch by accident. Using a pedal like the BOSS which has no switch allows me to go crazy with expression without the possibility of accidentally shutting the effect off. I just use the MFC for that.

Understandably, this isn't a scientific poll but it sure is telling when a generic expression pedal seemingly beats out one that was, as I understand, first created to meet the needs of Axe-Fx users. I wonder what the folks at Mission will do to their product line in response, if anything?

I have 2 missions. They work great...but the use of the Dunlop type wah casing makes the travel abrupt and not as long throw as I would like. Needs to be more gradual. I know that you can set the curve in the AF2, but it needs to be more manually.

Back
Top Bottom