Mission Pedal Help! (can't calibrate properly)

jhuggins

Inspired
I finally got an opportunity to set up my new mission EP-1 pedal and it feels just incredible. Perfect sweep range and spring loaded so its so convenient, however I have a problem. I can't for the life of me get it to work correctly. Let me tell you what I've done, I don't have my axe in front of me so excuse my terminology... 1. I set external controller 1 to read the pedal 1 input that my expression pedal is plugged into. 2. I turned auto-engage on and set it to activate once it leaves the bottom 5%. 3. I had external one set to read "continuous" (as opposed to momentary or latching)

The problem: -When I attempt to calibrate my pedal and move it through the full range of motion, nothing happens, like at all.
-I have set up external 1 to control the frequency of the wah, but when I move my expression pedal its like it has barely any range it all, it moves up and down the very bottom 2% of its range. The needle on frequency barely moves up and down. You have to be looking to see it move at all

I am using Mission TRS stereo cable and plugged directly into pedal 1 of the axe. What am I doing wrong!

Thanks Scott. I didn't get the ep-1 r which has a reverse polarity switch. If there's another switch I'm embarrassed to say I can't see it. I have the regular ep-1 with a spring loaded configuration. If I'm missing this other switch I must be overlooking something. Again thankyou for your time

Interesting I was really looking at it from the perspective that it was an issue with my new pedal but your suggesting it could be a problem with my axe fx?

Not necessarily, but I'm sure they know if there are any issues with using the ep1 with the AxeFx and how to work around them.
You could also contact mission-engineering of course.
If you don't mind soldering, one thing you could try is to make a trs cable that reverses the polarity since you don't have the switch.

I have, and according to James (great customer service by the way), before I purchased the pedal I would not have a need to reverse the polarity so I don't understand why that would be the issue. I'm stumped.... has anyone else had any issues?

I don't I really wish I did, I've gotten it to work well with my boss Gt-8 but that's through midi so its a completely different animal. I emailed mission about an hour ago and they haven't got back to me yet in the meantime any other suggestions are more than welcome.

might be worth checking to see if anything else is assigned to Pedal 1?

also, when there is the slight movement, just to check: does it move and then stay there, or does it move but immediately return to zero (I know it's kinda hard to be certain with the spring-loaded version)

for the former, I suspect something's wired wonky. for the latter, probably something in the settings.

This might seem obvious but try a different cable. I had a cable go bad on me and it exhibited randomly weird behavior that was driving me crazy. Replaced it and all was well.

I had a similar problem with my EP1. It only sent a 0 and 1 message, so it became a switch in effect. I changed cables and now it reads values between 0-94. How do I make it read the proper 0-127?

Mark P. said:
I had a similar problem with my EP1. It only sent a 0 and 1 message, so it became a switch in effect. I changed cables and now it reads values between 0-94. How do I make it read the proper 0-127?

You're using a stereo cable?

Mark P. said:

The min/max numbers should not really matter if you calibrate it in the AxeFx (or foot controller). As long as the the AxeFx knows that 0 is the lowest value and 94 is the highest, it should work fine.

Back
Top Bottom