Mission Gemini help needed

Niko

Inspired
So I got my new Gemini 1x12 cab. I have mixed feelings about it. It does have a great feel and dynamic response. However It’s extremely dark and way too much low end. Almost like muffled sound. I’m testing it with AXE 3 factory presets and can’t figure out how to make it sound “ normal“. I have line6 powercab and Yamaha HS8 to compare against and both HS8 & Powercab sounds fine. I tried setting low cut to 120 but it still muffled. I run Gemini about 85-90% frfr and if I set it 100% flat it gets really icy for lack of the better term. What I’m doing wrong

I've been using the Gemini since 2016 and have not run into any excessive treble or bass issues. I first thought after reading the two above post is that maybe there is an issue with the Empower circuit and I would recommend contacting Mission directly. The Eminence coaxial setup in these units are well regarding and are used in many applications that require a full range including some custom home theater/2 channel applications.

Have you tried creating a new preset making sure that all parameters are at default? Did you go into and properly set the I/O settings? Is the Axe 3 setup properly for active speaker use? Are you using it in sealed mode or did you remove the upper panel on the back?
I haven’t try creating new preset. However , I bought AXE3 brand new 2 weeks ago and never changed factory settings. Plus it sounds fine with powercab and HS8. Not nearly as big as Gemini but zero boomines

Back
Top Bottom