Mission Expression Pedal setup question

Sorry if that has already been answered but I couldn't find a straight forward answer (maybe there isn't one?) I am setting up the Mission EP1 with the MFC 101 and the Axe FX 2 and want to the following and I am not sure how to go about setting it up, pretty new to setting these products up so may have missed something:

Basically I want to be able to have the EP1 control several parameters of a few different effects (e.g. delay feedback, delay time, wah sweep, bitcrush parameters etc) on a single patch but want to only be able to do that when I switch the EP1 on (like when you switch a wah on) so that the parameters remain in their original states until I press down the button on the pedal. Is this possible?

As I have it setup at the moment I have those parameters set to be controlled by EXT controller 1 (which is the pedal) but it makes no difference whether or not I press the switch and the controller modifies the parameters regardless. Does that make sense?

Look at the auto engage options in the controller screen. If you are happy to park the pedal in an off position this will stop the settings automatically being applied, until you move the pedal away from the parked position.

The switch doesn't activate and bypass the EP-1. It is a separate controller and requires a second cable connected to the Axe or MFC. It has to be setup as a separate external controller and assigned to some function like bypassing a certain block or whatever. The movement of the pot is completely independent. I don't think you can bypass modifiers on the fly, only blocks. You might have to create a duplicate preset, one with the modifiers all assigned to the pedal and one with no modifiers assigned and set to their desired static values.

Thanks mr fender thats what I thought. I tried doing this with scenes but once you assign a controller to a parameter in one scene then it is assigned in all scenes. So far i have only been working with scenes my other question is, is there a noticeable gap between presets when they are changed by the MFC101? Another reason I am avoiding preset changes whenever I can is the IMO totally impractical way spillovers function in the axe fx (something I just found out about while setting up patches yesterday). So no otherway around it I guess?

Back
Top Bottom