Mission EP1 Spring Load straight into the Axe Fx...need help.

Brogen72

Inspired
OK I need a hand here....Chris's video only really shows the Mission pedal when using an MFC. Since I'm still on that waiting list, I just got a spring loaded Mission EP1 and I'm trying to use the pedal jack on the back of the Axe FX and I want the wah effect to auto-engage in a given preset when I want to engage the EP1. I have looked over the manual, searched the forum, and I have tried setting what I think is right but I do not seem to be getting my pedal to communicate. I am using a TRS cable from the pedal to the Pedal jack on the back of the Axe FX and I have a wah block in my preset. I have lplayed with the the Axe Edit settings and the manual settings on the Axe FX. No dice. the wah effect was on even though it was bypassed, i'm confused! I'm obviously missing some steps. Will someone please review the steps for this application?

I think my issue has to do with not understanding what "source" on the modifier page I should be using as well as setting the pedal parameters like "start and end" etc. in the Axe FX.
Thx.

PS does anyone understand the different auto engage options like fast and medium etc?

At the I/O: PEDAL page set pedal type to continuous. Perform the calibration procedure if you haven't already.

Go to the I/O: CTRL page and set External Control 1 (or any Ext Ctrl, really) to "PEDAL".

At the wah control modifier, source should be the Ext Ctrl used in the previous step.

The fast/med/slow autoengage options control the delay before disengaging once the pedal is in the off zone. You can typically leave the other modifier parameters at defaults unless you want to fine-tune the response & damping.

Back
Top Bottom