Mission EP1 - Separate Wah + Volume control

Kernel

Hi all, I have recently bought a fantastic AX8 unit. I've found a Mission EP1 used at a decent price. I wish to use a single pedal for volume and wah (like my old POD), is there a way to do that? I know for that purpose (correct me if I'm wrong) I have to look for the EP1, but I also know that I can a add the toe switch to the EP1.

Is there any giude / schematics to do that job?

Is this 3PDT switch ok for the job?
Amazon product ASIN B07BRNJSX5
I also need a female TRS (stereo) jack like this, right?
Amazon product ASIN B07N676653
With this mod pressing the toe switch is like switching from pedal 1 to pedal 2, right?

Thanks

With this mod pressing the toe switch is like switching from pedal 1 to pedal 2, right?

Not quite. The expression pedal will stay connected with the corresponding input on the AX8 (pick a number). The toe switch, however, will allow you to turn on/off a volume/wah block (basically any block) in your preset.

you can do one or two filters with null option with 2db volume boost, like a boost with momentary switches, and let the expression pedal to do the wah.

Even you can have the wah in autoengage and hit the button in the wah for use that boost volume.

Even without the switch in the wah, you can do it, leave the wah on autoengage and assign one of the momentary switches to volume boost.

this machines are very flexible, you can do what you want in many ways.

i dont think so, because you can do it without modifying it and do it without "wasting time and money". But its your choice.

There's a way to use the exp pedal as wah and volumen in the same preset but just turning off wah and on volumen? Maybe a scene change?

I'll look into it cause I don't really know what a control switch is?

Check out p. 37 of the AX8 manual. It's basically a virtual switch that you can attach to any number of modifiers of the blocks placed on the grid incl. the blocks mute/bypass state. It has an on and off state and an initial state that's set when the preset is loaded. You can assign a footswitch to control that virtual switch.

Back
Top Bottom