Mission Engineering SP 1

BigRalphN

Inspired
Is anyone using an SP-1 with the AX8? If so how is it working out. I am looking for an Expression pedal and it caught my eye. I may just wait for Fractal to get theirs back in stock in black,,but this caught my eye. For some reason my Mission Engineering pedal I use on my Helix does not work with the AX8. It has zero sweep so I am guessing it's non linear.

I've got an SP1, SP2, and EP1. All solid offerings. Frankly, Mission can be a bit hard to get a response from when you need something, but thankfully the pedals rarely break so the need isn't often.

I am thinking of trying the Fractal pedal at some point, but the Missions have done fine for me.

As the chassis is basically a wah pedal, how do you find doing volume swells and stuff like that with a SP-1, given the short travel of it?

I was fortunate enough to get a Mission SP-2 (same chassis as the SP-1) and love it. As far as the sweep, I went from an Ernie Ball volume pedal and the adjustment wasn't too difficult (I do a lot of volume swells).

I have the mission sp1. I think it works great, but I find, I only rarely use the toe switch.
I was sort of wondering if I would use it also. I am sort of leaning toward the Fractal (may spell,checker just changed it to Fartcal..is that a freakng word) but I sort of want something now. I wish my extra expression for the Helix would work.

For some reason my Mission Engineering pedal I use on my Helix does not work with the AX8. It has zero sweep so I am guessing it's non linear.
Just double-checking, are you using a TRS cable, not a regular instrument/patch cable, with the FX8?

Back
Top Bottom