Mission Engineering SP-1 Use Cases

Tonemaster

Inspired
Just ordered an SP-1 and wondering how users on the forum are taking advantage of the switch. I use a GC Pro and already have an EB vol pedal and will be using this for effects parameter modifications and wah. Not quite sure what applications the switch will have, but I ordered one figuring I'll find something. Using it to turn wah on/off doesn't seem that useful since the Axe modifier allows that.

One question is if you have to throw the pedal to toe down to engage the switch to let's say turn on a drive, won't that motion also fully express whatever parameter you have it set to? In other words, I have the pedal modifiying delay mix and want to turn on the drive, I'll have to turn the mix to max by pushing the pedal down to engage the switch. This doesn't seem very optimal. Or maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks!

(I'm making this statement with the assumption you don't know this. If you do please forgive me ;) )

The switch allows you to toggle between 2 different modifiers using just the one pedal. It's really just a space saving issue since you still utilize two expression ports to make it function. I use mine for toggling between wah and volume primarily, but have used it toggle between volume/delay mix, volume/trem depth, etc...

jeffinaustin said:
(I'm making this statement with the assumption you don't know this. If you do please forgive me ;) )

The switch allows you to toggle between 2 different modifiers using just the one pedal. It's really just a space saving issue since you still utilize two expression ports to make it function. I use mine for toggling between wah and volume primarily, but have used it toggle between volume/delay mix, volume/trem depth, etc...
Yes. I knew this. I found that I LIKE more expression pedals. :p I will be catching up to Dweezil soon.

Yes I was aware as well. I can see the advantage if you want to "toggle" between volume and other things like wah, delay, etc... However, I have a dedicated volume pedal and just wondering how others with a similar setup utilize the switch.

Also, as I mentioned, if you are using it as volume and switch to wah, don't you have to go to the max volume setting to get to the button and engage the wah?

Yes you do.

Tonemaster said:
Yes I was aware as well. I can see the advantage if you want to "toggle" between volume and other things like wah, delay, etc... However, I have a dedicated volume pedal and just wondering how others with a similar setup utilize the switch.

Also, as I mentioned, if you are using it as volume and switch to wah, don't you have to go to the max volume setting to get to the button and engage the wah?

Back
Top Bottom