Missing the caps to my foot switches?

rocknroling

Inspired
I was playing a gig a few weeks ago, and in the middle of the show I thought I saw something shiny pop up. At the end of the gig I noticed I lost the small cap to the foot switch. I never found where it went, but I pulled out my board again last night and noticed I am missing another cap the a footswitch. The switch still works fine, it just has a smaller top to it. Has anyone else had this happen to their AX8?

i just did a few weeks ago....thankfully I noticed it.

put some super glue & it held up for another few weeks but popped off at a gig.

went to re-secure it but this time with jb weld...yea...that didn't go well...wont stick to inbetween the switch & cap for whatever reason...maybe it wont bond to the aluminum or stainless cap/switch.

I reached out to fractal a few days ago, hoping to get purchase a replacement switch

i just did a few weeks ago....thankfully I noticed it.

put some super glue & it held up for another few weeks but popped off at a gig.

went to re-secure it but this time with jb weld...yea...that didn't go well...wont stick to inbetween the switch & cap for whatever reason...maybe it wont bond to the aluminum or stainless cap/switch.

I reached out to fractal a few days ago, hoping to get purchase a replacement switch

Did you ever get help from Fractal? I had a Switch Cap come off and I want to fix it or replace the switch. Thx

I emailed customer support & they were able to assist me, yes.

it did involve me opening the AX8 chasis up & replacing but nothing I was uncomfortable with.

So I placed the order today, they sent it right out. I ordered a 2nd one as a spare, just in case.
Was there soldering involved? I have not opened the unit yet.

Back
Top Bottom