Missing Pixels

Big Joe Daddy

Experienced
I've got a vertical stripe of missing pixels on the screen of my Axe II. Wondering if there is something I can do at my end to remedy it.
Axe%20FX%20screen.JPG

I had a horizontal line out. Contacted the service department and they sent me a new display. The display is not hard to replace. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, send it back and have them do it.

I had a horizontal line out. Contacted the service department and they sent me a new display. The display is not hard to replace. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, send it back and have them do it.
Good to know. I'll give them a shout. I'm comfortable with doing it myself. What's the worse thing that could happen? "What's that smoke?" ;-)

I had the same issue. The pixel line came back occasionally, and then disappeared again. One day I pressed very "and I mean VERY" softly on the area that was compromised, and voila, it came back for good. It can maybe work out for you. Small short press that is. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I haven't looked inside the AXE to see how the display is mounted, but a lot of these displays are a pressure fit arrangement, and sometimes one of the fingers that touch the appropriate track get a bit of dirt or dust in them, causing them not to work properly.

If this is the case, I would power it down, open the lid to see how it is mounted, and then hold the back of the display, and then push hard from the front - with a slight wiggling motion, to make sure you are getting good contact, and also give it a good blow out with some clean dry air/nitrogen.

I had the same issue. The pixel line came back occasionally, and then disappeared again. One day I pressed very "and I mean VERY" softly on the area that was compromised, and voila, it came back for good. It can maybe work out for you. Small short press that is. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
UPDATE - That did the trick Takara. Good as gold now. Pun intended. ;-) Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom