Missing amps?

thetower07

So this may be a really dumb question, if so please forgive me, but I just received my Axe Standard last night and was going through the amp sims and noticed I am missing the last few amps that appear on the Axe-FX Wiki. These are the ones I don't have:

Eggie R20
USA MIIC+ 1
USA MIIC+ 2
Fryer D60L
Fryer D60M
Mr. Z 38 SR
Euro Uber
PVH 5105
Solo X99 Clean
Solo X99 Rhythm
Solo X99 Lead
Corncob R100

Are these sims that don't ship with the Standard? I believe mine was delivered with the latest 7.18 firmware so what do I have to do to get these additional amp sims? I was looking forward to using the Dr. Z model for some country tunes.

Your help is much appreciated. I'm reading the wiki and the manual in hopes of avoiding future questions like this.

To my knowledge yes. I made a point of checking last night to see if I had to update or not. I could have been mistaken and I will check again when I get home tonight. I was under the impression that it shipped with the latest firmware. Even so, some of these amps have been out for awhile now correct? Even if I didn't have the latest firmware I would have thought they would be in there.

thetower07 said:
To my knowledge yes. I made a point of checking last night to see if I had to update or not. I could have been mistaken and I will check again when I get home tonight. I was under the impression that it shipped with the latest firmware. Even so, some of these amps have been out for awhile now correct? Even if I didn't have the latest firmware I would have thought they would be in there.
Ok, are you sure you ordered it via Fractal Audio's website and not second hand? Souds like on of two possible situations... You are either in one of the older 6.xx firmwares or you have the latest 7.19 (Maybe even 8.00!!!)!!! If you just ordered it then you probably have 7.19... Most new orders tend to have yet to be released firmwares installed. Maybe it's a bug in that version of the software... thanks for beta testing it for us!!! ;)

mortega76 said:
Ok, are you sure you ordered it via Fractal Audio's website and not second hand? Souds like on of two possible situations... You are either in one of the older 6.xx firmwares or you have the latest 7.19 (Maybe even 8.00!!!)!!! If you just ordered it then you probably have 7.19... Most new orders tend to have yet to be released firmwares installed. Maybe it's a bug in that version of the software... thanks for beta testing it for us!!! ;)

It was indeed ordered from the Fractal website. The manual I received with it is for Firmware Rev 6.xx but I'm guessing they don't print new manuals for every update. I will double check when I get home today but like i said I am almost positive I have 7.1___something. Maybe I should just update the firmware anyways?

Slightly disappointing with this, but hey hopefully its an easy fix or a dumb mistake on my part.

thetower07 said:
mortega76 said:

It was indeed ordered from the Fractal website. The manual I received with it is for Firmware Rev 6.xx but I'm guessing they don't print new manuals for every update. I will double check when I get home today but like i said I am almost positive I have 7.1___something. Maybe I should just update the firmware anyways?

Slightly disappointing with this, but hey hopefully its an easy fix or a dumb mistake on my part.
It will be an easy fix... check the firmware... and if you're not up to 7.18 then just update it. At least you'll get experience with that! :D

press utility button, press page right until it says the firmware number. post the result in this thread.

So I assume that you haven't ordered your Axe-Fx from the guys at www.g66.eu. Mine arrived the next day with a firmware installed that has been released just one day before.

thetower07 said:
So this may be a really dumb question, if so please forgive me, but I just received my Axe Standard last night and was going through the amp sims and noticed I am missing the last few amps that appear on the Axe-FX Wiki. These are the ones I don't have:

Eggie R20
USA MIIC+ 1
USA MIIC+ 2
Fryer D60L
Fryer D60M
Mr. Z 38 SR
Euro Uber
PVH 5105
Solo X99 Clean
Solo X99 Rhythm
Solo X99 Lead
Corncob R100

Are these sims that don't ship with the Standard? I believe mine was delivered with the latest 7.18 firmware so what do I have to do to get these additional amp sims? I was looking forward to using the Dr. Z model for some country tunes.

Your help is much appreciated. I'm reading the wiki and the manual in hopes of avoiding future questions like this.

To find these amp sims you have to press LAYOUT, then, on the Edit page select AMP with the NAV buttons, then press EDIT, then turn the VALUE knob until you find the amp sim you want (they are at the end of the list).

I got it all sorted out. I ended up reinstalling the firmware and everything was fine and dandy. Thank you all for your help. Its nice to have a knowledgeable community that is so willing to help out.

Rock on!

Back
Top Bottom