mint axe-fx ultra on the way!

Ross, that sounds shady to me. I only say this because you said it was UPS who is delivering it. UPS has tracking numbers.....Why would an experienced user start a new account, that sounds shady too.... I am glad you used paypal though, as your money is safe that way, unfortunately like you said that can take a good bit. Usually if it is black and white rip off, paypal gets it done real quick, way under the 30 days. I really hope everything goes alright for you, you really deserve to have that machine in your hands. Keep us posted.

If you never receive the item then you are not on the hook for it. I would start the dispute with paypal now as the guy does not have a tracking number and not responding.
By starting the dispute now it will only help speed up the investigation as paypal will get involved and start asking for the information you are. And if they do not respond then instant loss for him.
Anyone who ships a $1000 + item without sig confirmation / tracking is an absolute idiot and asking to get screwed over.

I think I seen the Ultra on ebay you bought, it went for like 1100. I was thinking about bidding on it but zero reviews had me worried.

he answered my email; basically he took it to one of those packing/shipping places and they told him they would email him a packing number and i would receive the item in 3-5 days. he says he will rip them a new one tomorrow and get a tracking number.

i see two possibilities:

1) he took it to a packing service that was pretty busy and they either haven't shipped yet, or just shipped it and haven't given him a tracking number yet.

2) he hasn't even brought it to the shipper yet.

i try to believe the best about people, so i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.....until tomorrow, then i file with paypal.

he answered my email; basically he took it to one of those packing/shipping places and they told him they would email him a packing number and i would receive the item in 3-5 days. he says he will rip them a new one tomorrow and get a tracking number.

i see two possibilities:

1) he took it to a packing service that was pretty busy and they either haven't shipped yet, or just shipped it and haven't given him a tracking number yet.

2) he hasn't even brought it to the shipper yet.

i try to believe the best about people, so i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.....until tomorrow, then i file with paypal.
I have never heard of a place that emails you a tracking number. I hope everything turns out alright

I'm gonna have to agree - sounds fishy to me. He would have had to pay for service in which case he would have been given a receipt... with a tracking number. I'm no stranger to paypal, and if it is a scam you won't get any of your money back from PayPal - you'll dispute; PayPal will say the seller has no money in his account; then you'll get an apology.

How much did he have it listed for - always the tell-tale sign

Raze

It's a real shame you've had such a negative experience. It's so disappointing when you're really looking forward to getting a new piece of gear and it all goes sour. I really hope things turn out ok for you.

got it! it came today, right after he emailed me a USPS shipping number that returned no tracking info at all. came packed with no power cable or manual, just a little bubble wrap in an old cardboard box.....but it's here and it powers up. i gonna try it out and report back.

got it! it came today, right after he emailed me a USPS shipping number that returned no tracking info at all. came packed with no power cable or manual, just a little bubble wrap in an old cardboard box.....but it's here and it powers up. i gonna try it out and report back.

Awesome man, I am so happy for you. I really thought that your purchase was going south, so great to hear it didn't. Once you have had time to get acquainted with your new machine, let us know how you like it. I hope you really enjoy it Ross.

i got sound out of it, good....but i have one problem; the data wheel is touchy. it's hard to scroll through the presets when the data wheel skips over presets or even goes backwards one or two. not sure if this is normal or not. is the data wheel supposed to be this touchy? it feels solid, but when you turn one click it seems like it can randomly go either forward or backwards 1-2 presets.

Well, you could ask for a partial refund if he did not state that is was needing repaired. You might be forced to do a full refund and pay shipping to return it if he balks. That would be what paypal would suggest you do.

he is being very reasonable and giving me some money back to cover the repair of the encoder knob.

he sent me $200 refund to cover shipping and repair. that's more than fair in my book.

will start a new thread to document the journey from here.

he sent me $200 refund to cover shipping and repair. that's more than fair in my book.

He gave you 200$ to fix it yourself, or to return it to him so he can have it fixed? A new encoder is like 10 bucks. If the encoder does this when moving through presets real slow, this is normal. I have this problem myself and I emailed FAS support. They said this is normal behavior for the encoder and to use the arrow keys for scrolling through presets. I have also read at one point there was a bad batch of encoders though, but I think that was the Axe FX II. Email Fractal to find out for sure what your exact issue is.

Good news! Glad it's all worked out ok for you. Looking forward to trying some of your patches ;-)

next problem; i can't update firmware 7.18

tried axe-edit, midi-ox, and bome's sendfx. the only i can get it to do is tell me that v11 is not valid....which means it's getting midi input at least. it says "invalid file type" for any firmware update i try starting with 7.3 - 11.

any ideas?

Ross - assuming the file itself is good, the firmware version you update to shouldn't matter because it's a kill-and-fill replacement as opposed to an incremental update.

It's possible that there's a MIDI setup issue. Sounds like you have the cables correct (MIDI In of Axe to MIDI Out of device etc). What's your MIDI interface? I know when I used MIDI-OX I had to bump up the buffer size or it would fail. I believe I set the buffer size to 256 and the delay to 90-100ms or so.

i'm using one of those generic USB to midi cables. i set the midi-ox to the recommended settings and still nothing. i read that the issue happens from using the wrong version firmware (standard for ultra or vice versa) but i downloaded it fresh from the website several times to be sure. i tried more buffer and more delay time, no difference. weird. i see several people have had issues like this, but none of the problems seem to apply to my situation. any other ideas?

Back
Top Bottom