Mini-Hums vs. Gold Foil pickups?

Lindy Fralin noise cancelling P-90's my deserve a look. I am thinking about them myself.
https://www.fralinpickups.com/product/p90-hum-cancelling/
This video convinced me I'd be happier with either. I've had good experiences with Kinmans in the past so I'm going that route but it seems like either would make a P90 lover happy.

Kinmans definitely need a sligtly deeper route for them to fit. Shouldn't be a problem with my Les Paul as the existing P90s are already sitting super high on the guitar. But if you've got a flat top, that might sway you towards the Fralins which seem to be the same depth as the covers and shouldn't need a deeper route as a result.

I have the Kinman Sweet Neck and Clean Bridge in a Tele style guitar. I really like them. I don't care for high output pickups. The new Gen 3 ones are not any deeper than a standard P90 and don't require any additional routing. (Mine are Gen 2's that did).

Just for info as you talked about miniHB I have seymour str and stl 3 in my HB fusion pro Hsh with ssl7 middle. Really nice combo verstile but still with a typical texture.
very different from a p90. fat and agressive from overdrive but can be smooth with cleans.

Back
Top Bottom