Mini display contrast bug?

Dryst08

Hey guys, is this normal? my last two mini display seems to have gone darker compared to the others? is this a bug or hardware issue? FYI: i just got my FM9 2 days ago

IMG_0807.jpg

Haven't seen anything like that....

Maybe try adjusting the contrast and/or brightness, just as a temporary solution if nothing else....

(Also, in case you don't know, you can "Invert Mini Displays".....I wonder what that would look like with those two?)

Well I'm having a similar problem: I just received my FM9 and the second mini-display is blank I can't find a way to make it show any label at all (see the picture below). It shows nothing, no matter what setup I'm in, unfortunately. Even when booting up, the 3 little dashes don't appear on that second mini-display. I already tried changing the brightness and invert the lcd but all the changes occur on all other mini-displays. Mini-display number 2 stays always blank, just like in the picture.

Any clues on how to solve this? I hope it's not mechanical.

Attachments

• 20221126_195027.jpg
    20221126_195027.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
The only other thing I can think of to check is this: When you power up the FM9, there's a point where all of the mini-displays show "---".
What do you see?

Well I'm having a similar problem: I just received my FM9 and the second mini-display is blank I can't find a way to make it show any label at all (see the picture below). It shows nothing, no matter what setup I'm in, unfortunately. Even when booting up, the 3 little dashes don't appear on that second mini-display :(

Any clues on how to solve this? I hope it's not mechanical.
I'd suggest contacting support...

The screen is dead man, happend to me after 4-5 days. Awesome g66 support took care of the issue very fast!

I'd suggest contacting support...
Will do. Thank you!
I had to return mine immediately after receiving because the first LED was defective and actually had pixels missing!
The screen is dead man, happend to me after 4-5 days. Awesome g66 support took care of the issue very fast!
Well, that sucks big time for me, because I bought mine and brought it home to Brazil, where I live, for now...

I got an FM9 early on in what I believe was the first run. My scribble strips have always been "buggy," but have always corrected themselves after leaving the unit on (I only turn it off to transport it to gigs). The scribble strips will typically show the scene or preset name with extra pixels activated around the text. Sometimes quite densely surrounded. However, the issue has always disappeared. Not sure if you tried leaving yours on for a while.

What I did when my new unit arrived after the problem was to reduce the contrast and the brightness.

They ship the unit with these option on max level. A thought that this may cause the screen to die cross my mind.

Probably not but for my room medium settings are ok!

What I did when my new unit arrived after the problem was to reduce the contrast and the brightness.

They ship the unit with these option on max level. A thought that this may cause the screen to die cross my mind.

Probably not but for my room medium settings are ok!
Yeah, tried that. The contrast settings do nothing to that specific mini-display. All the others react fine. It seems mechanic, which is a bummer in my situation...

I got an FM9 early on in what I believe was the first run. My scribble strips have always been "buggy," but have always corrected themselves after leaving the unit on (I only turn it off to transport it to gigs). The scribble strips will typically show the scene or preset name with extra pixels activated around the text. Sometimes quite densely surrounded. However, the issue has always disappeared. Not sure if you tried leaving yours on for a while.
Nope, never tried leaving it on for a while. Will try today, though. Thanks.

So is there a solution to the missing text on a mini lcd?
I reloaded my text in and it worked for a few minutes then the black lines and now blank again.
Seems more like a bad connection.
I email support but I don’t think it went through. Guess I’ll shoot another one

So is there a solution to the missing text on a mini lcd?
I reloaded my text in and it worked for a few minutes then the black lines and now blank again.
Seems more like a bad connection.
I email support but I don’t think it went through. Guess I’ll shoot another one
Hi!

Since I am out of the US, I ordered a mini LCD to replace the one not working. It looks like I'll receive it today an then I'll take the board to my tech and hope it solves the problem.

Back
Top Bottom