MIM Telecaster - Opinion On This One

Gday Warrior,

Well - I can only tell you from my experience - Keep in mind I'm a crappy guitarist - I wanted a Tele, so I went to the local music store and picked up a MIM fender... took it home, and just couldnt like it... even though I wanted to - So... I took it back the next day, and picked up an American Tele - Night and day - That's my absolute favourite guitar now... Sure it was a grand more, but think of the money once (even though it's hard at the time)

Pauly

Thanks Pauly. I'm certainly going to make sure I like the way it plays before taking one home. No worries there.

I'm more concerned with avoiding any quality issues that someone might be aware of or if I should look for specific year.

This questions wouldn't be on my mind if I was going to significantly increase my budget. I would just find exactly what I want.

Not concerned about the pickups either because I'm 100% certain I'm going to replace them.

Let me preface by saying that I'm not a fender guy. I couldn't tell the difference between a MIM and American tele or strat (playing as I didn't plug them in). I was amazed at the quality of the MIM Fenders.

I think more than any company fender has an import line that is often as good as its domestic line. I think the qc is easier to control because it isn't across the world. There are duds of course but so is there with their USA line. More likely to get a MIM fender that out plays an American than you are to get an Epi that outplays a Gibson. Although you certainly can find the Epi's that do. Just saying there is more parity in the Fender products.

Oh and since you stated you are replacing pickups it is really a no brainer to go MIM as long as it isn't a dead piece of wood or bad neck.

I think more than any company fender has an import line that is often as good as its domestic line. I think the qc is easier to control because it isn't across the world.
Maybe because Fender factory in Corona is so close to the border that most of the workers are actually Mexicans, just like in Ensenada factory ;)

I bought a white mlm tele...added: Noiseless pups...locking tuners...black pick guard...love it.

Back
Top Bottom