MIJ Schecters: are they as good as they look?

Sorenspete

Inspired
I'm seriously tempted to pick a couple up. Can anyone speak to the quality, playability, etc. of these instruments? They look like Japanese Suhrs!

I'm seriously tempted to pick a couple up. Can anyone speak to the quality, playability, etc. of these instruments? They look like Japanese Suhrs!
I can only speak of Made in Korea Schecters. Those are great and I think Japan-made guitars are at the top of the Asian-made hierarchy.

I can only speak of Made in Korea Schecters. Those are great and I think Japan-made guitars are at the top of the Asian-made hierarchy.
A friend of mine has owned a Korean Schecter for many years but doesn't know enough to let me convince him to do what needs to be done to it. Thicker neck than what I'd prefer but a decent guitar.

uc8k9lwpvoeccgozfp6c.jpg

Have 2 indonesian made Schecters. The custom Solo II is a great instrument, nothing to envy to a lot of midrange guitars.
I have a Route 66 HSS strat model also that had a few flaws on the floating trem (inserts came out, had to glue them, and the 2 bridge stud screws actually don't fit totally snuggly so very exceptionnally it will get a % out of tune. I consider changing the trem or selling it. No other HW problems though and the finish is fine but don't expect any miracles; for a midprice you get a midrange guitar; if you want the real thing you 'll have to get the superior series, that's why they exist I gues.

Back
Top Bottom