Might buy myself an AxeFx III for Christmas….

Billbill

Power User
I cannot get rid of my AxeFx II XL+ running old ass Q6.03 FW it sounds awesome as heck!! Never upgraded it, never will; Too much time invested into creating too many custom presets, IRs, TMs, and all kinds of super fun stuff.
Fast forward almost 10yrs later and still love the machine. I’m thinking about buying the III to put it in the rack to obviously benefit from all the great improvements that have been made but keeping the II for reasons already mentioned. Does this sound crazy or what, lol?
Part 2 would be trying to figure out if Mr. Bradshaw can make me a box to switch between the 2 & 3 while using the same stereo matrix gt1000fx poweramp and it’s left and right cabs that it’s powering. What y’all think?

Get the III, it’s really all you hear it is. The things they’ve continued to add are very useful and the sound is (as you’d expect) top notch. There’s nothing bad to report!

As far as running both into a single power amp, that should present no problems… it’s just a line level signal. You should be able to even mix the two with the proper setup.

I have had a few clients that updated to a Gen 3 unit from a Gen 1, Gen 2, or even another brand, that had a couple or a bunch of presets that they needed ported over. I recreated them and tweaked manually at first, then did some 'Live' tone matching to bridge the final EQ gap. They were indistinguishable from the originals. But with better feel, dynamics, and effects. And of coarse, all of the other killer usability and performance improvements.

So, it can be done.

Last edited:
Took me close to one year to keep up my FM3 to my old axe fx 2 sounds, that I had for 10+ years. Needed some time to sell the II though, another year.

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars
I Agree Star Wars GIF by Red Giant

I've been playing since 1991

Bought and sold, and tried, lots of great gear

The AXFXIII is the best bit of guitar gear I've ever owned that doesn't have strings on

Buy it, you won't be disappointed

Back
Top Bottom