MIDISPORT 2x2 - Need a Windows XP driver that works!

Jbp

So, all I'm trying to do is update the firmware, but I'm new to the Axe-FX world. I only have 1 MIDI cable at the moment and I've downloaded the editor. But - no go.

My MIDI Sport 2x2 isn't the Anniversary edition...it's the ugly green one.

Anyway, I've tried the drivers from M-Audio and a few other places and nothing works. (I don't know the difference between Windows XP, XP SP2 and XP SP3 - but I tried them all.)

Can you recommend something?

Get a newer one (ann. edition) I have the silver one which works perfectly with XP and I got ann. ed. for my Windows 7 laptop.

Re: MIDISPORT 2x2 - Won't connect to Editor

I've read that other folks got the green version to work just fine.

But I can't even get the Editor to connect or recognize the Axe.

You need TWO Midi cables in the first place to make it work. You must connect the Midi In´s and Out´s of your Midisport and the Axe.

gitfruit said:
You need TWO Midi cables in the first place to make it work. You must connect the Midi In´s and Out´s of your Midisport and the Axe.

That´s the trick! 2 cables.

I have the green midisport 2x2 and never had any problem communicating with the Axe.

Hi, Can anyone tell me where to find the driver for the midisport 2x2 silver one. use on Windows XP. I cannot find anywhere. not on the m audio site. if anyone has it available and could zip it over i would be grateful
thanks

Back
Top Bottom