Midisport 2x2 Anniversary Ed. -HELP!!!

Let me preface this post with the comment that this is the first midi experience I have ever experienced, but it was supposed to be simple.

I bought the Midisport 2x2 Ann Ed to work with my Mac (ver. Mac OS X 10.5.8 ).

Thought I followed the directions which seemed simple enough.

I click on the Midisport ROM icon and the "OPEN ME" icon.

Next, I see a screen where I can choose the 2x2 or 4x4, except that when I select the 2x2, the "install" button is grayed out and I can't click it.

I tried the loopback test with two midi cables and both failed.

Don't know what to do next.

I'm dying to update my AxeFx Ultra and can't get passed installing my midi!

PLEASE HELP!

Many thanks in advance to this novice.

Here is what I did. I have a midi sport 2x2 anniv that I picked up over the weekend. I just downloaded the latest drivers from m-audio and installed them, then hooked up the midi sport. I launched axe-fx edit and went into midi settings and chose the midi sport as the in and out. Axe edit saw the ultra right away and I was off and running.

So should I uninstall the driver and the firmware, then follow your directions? Are you running this on a Mac? Did you use the disc that came with the Midisport at all? Finally, Did you ever use the Fast Track Ultra Control Panel? Thanks!

It was windows, didn't use disc that came with it at all, never used FTUP. I'm only saying how I set it up to work to help you see that it worked that way. I can't say what you should or shouldn't do, but basic troubleshooting like verifying the 2 midi cables going to the axe are setup correctly and you are trying to use the same midi channel the axe is listening on (default 01). Things like that, or maybe the midi sport is defective, does a midi keyboard or anything else midi work through it.

I don't own any other midi devices, so I can't verify that it's the device. I had the midi in on the Midisport connected to the out on the Axe, then midi out in on the Axe to the midi out on the Midisport. The green lights on the front of the Midisport were blinking, but in Axe Edit midi setup, it said there was no connection. Also, the midi in light on the front panel of the AxeFx was blinking periodically. The midi channel selected was the default 01. Going to remove the drivers and start from scratch, hopefully there is success.

When I connected my 2x2 to my computer Win Vista automatically installed the drivers. I never used the CD that came with my 2x2 at all.

Do you have the USB/Merge button on the 2x2 pressed?

Do you have Axe Edit's MIDI settings set correctly? Under "Axe-FX MIDI I/O" you need to tell Axe Edit which set of connections on the 2x2 you are using. On mine the options are "MIDISport 2x2 Anniv" or "MIDIIN2 (MIDISPORT 2x2 Anniv)". I'm using the B channel of my 2x2 since both connections are on the back of the 2x2. So I have "Axe-FX MIDI I/O" set to "MIDIIN2 (MIDISORT 2x2 Anniv)" for both the input and output.

I tried removing the drivers and reinstalled them, even switched the USB port I was using on my Mac, still nothing.

@Stephen13- The button is pressed and I tried it with both set on in and out B, went to Axe Edit and selected B for both in and out, still nothing.

The green lights on the front of the Midisport are blinking for both in and out of B, so clearly it is recognizing the connection somehow correct?

Also, the green midi in light on the front of my Axe is blinking quite steadily.

same problem, just bought it, windows vista 64 installed no drivers, axe edit sees it, now friggin what?

oops wait holy moly wait, pressed the merge button downloaded drivers from the web, boooooooooooooooooom im in!!!!! now its to late to try to download patches!

Hi, im having a problem as well. I cant get my midi sport anniversary to work with the latest Axe-edit. When i go to "Axe-Fx Midi I/O i see the midi sport in the In & out. i set it to "A"...I cant get the Axe edit to see the 2x2 when i do a test. Ive restarted my computer, ive downloaded the drivers from MAudio, any ideas? what am i doing wrong.thanks

The pnp-drivers that windows takes by itself usually do not work for long sys-ex commands. But that's important for the axe-fx.
Go to their hp and download the right drivers. Choose carefully, even for different service packs different drivers are available.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom