Midimate/Ultra/"Edited" Issue

jarrett

Inspired
I just upgraded from a Standard to Ultra. Copied all my presets over and hooked up my Midimate (that worked fine with the Standard) I went into the I/O/CTRL menu and made the following changes to replicate my IA settings:

Drive 1 - 5
Chorus1 - 6
Delay1 - 7
Reverb1 - 8
Tuner - 9

I thought this would be all I needed to do to get my Midimate synced with my new Ultra.

But now, almost every preset I use the Midimate to access causes the "Edited" light to light up. For example I have a preset that looks like this:

Amp---FXL---Cab

and that's it. No Drive 1, Chorus, etc. When I use the rotary knob to get to it, the edited light does not come on. When I use the Midimate to select the same preset, the edited light does come on. I can't figure out why. Should this be happening? Is there something I need to change to fix that?

I think this is normal.

I have an FX-1 and every preset I switch to caused the edited light to go on... something about the CC messages being sent I thought.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes. You can program the status of the controller buttons on the Midi Mate for every single patch. The Midi Mate will send one Midi CC message for every controller to the Axe-Fx when you select a patch. Then the Axe-Fx will light up the Edited LED when receiving relevant CC bypass/unbypass Midi messages, regardless of the question if the actual CC message actually changes anything.

Back
Top Bottom