Midimate issue?

jarrett

Inspired
Having a minor problem with my Midimate. I followed oddb0d's video tutorial for setting up the Midimate, so my config is very similar to his. Here's what's happening with me.

I have a Midimate and use it in Controller mode where the 6 button enables/disables delay and the 7 button enables/disables reverb.My main clean patch has reverb and delay on by default.

-If I use the Axe-FX knob to get to the preset, the reverb and delay are on when I get there.
-If I use the Midimate to switch there, the delay and reverb are not on when I get there and the edited led lights up.

How can I make the Midimate behave like the knob when I go to this patch? Thanks.

- On the Midimate, bring up the required patch
- Press button 6 so it's on; do the same for button 7
- "Store" on the Midimate

This should the trick. Even though the delay and reverb may be on in the Axe, the Midimate is transmitting an "off" message when you change patches if the relevant CC buttons are off.

:cool:

Chris

To save your midimate settings be sure to press the "2nd" button first (with the buttons 6-10 that you want on... lit and "on" on the midimate), then hit the "store" button. (At least that's how it works on mine.) The midimate is limited but it's a great device for my use.

If/when you get to the point of using an expression pedal (Hex or other) into the back of the midimate, you may find this thread useful:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3543 (again, thanks, stratcat!!!!!)

stratcat said:
- On the Midimate, bring up the required patch
- Press button 6 so it's on; do the same for button 7
- "Store" on the Midimate
GreenTea said:
To save your midimate settings be sure to press the "2nd" button first (with the buttons 6-10 that you want on... lit and "on" on the midimate), then hit the "store" button.
These combined tips fixed it perfectly thanks!

Back
Top Bottom