MIDI sync issues?

I'd prefer not to adopt the "love it or leave it" philosopy if it's a problem that can be addressed. There have been a lot of features added and issues addressed over the years and maybe this will be one?

Perhaps, but the whole "things I don't need" thing is pretty irritating. Good luck, and I hope it's added at some point.

I'd absolutely love to see the axe sync to the downbeat. It's a real weakness for the kind of stuff that I'm doing. Midi start/stop messages for the sequencer and LFOs would be extremely useful too.

The Axe-Fx syncs to MIDI clock. It does not sync to a downbeat at this time. That is beyond its feature definition.

Could you clarify cliff if this means that it's not possible to add on the axe fx II one day? I'd be really excited if it was possible...

So would I. That would be so helpful.

For what it's worth, I would also love to see midi note on/off added as a controller source so I can run tempo-synched gate/filter patterns live from Ableton (another approach to the same type of issue).

Hi Jdosher. I hear you... Hey, I will send you a link to a visual metronome which syncs to clock and SPP. It's cool and not expensive IIRC.

You can align the Looper by the way... Just do that same stop/start trick on the bar line. An Axe-Fx rig I helped design has been doing this reliably in front of tens of thousands of people most nights this summer :)

Hi,
I'm reactivating this thread because I have a problem with synchronizing the looper of my Axe Fx 2 to ableton live. I've programmed the rec/and play of the looper with empty midi clips in ableton live sending Control Changes to Axe Fx 2 so I have nothing to do with my feet.
You can see how I've done that on the screenshot below.

Most of the time it works fine and it is really handy BUT some times (randomly) it doesn't and it's really turning the result as a big mess even if the offset of the looped playback is small (like 1/8 or even 1/16). It seems that the midi is sent in the right time to the Axe Fx 2 (I can see it on my iconnectivity MioXL which handle all the midi datas between Ableton Live and synched hardware (axe fx2 and other synths)).
More weird : sometimes the offset is appearing in the second part of my track whereas it was ok at the begining which drives me crazy (for instance on the track on the screenshot, the loop in R1 section is ok but the R2 loop is not and if I stop ableton, start again before R1 it will do the same. And when I reopen the project everything is fine again.

@Admin M@ what could you advise me to do to avoid this offset playback problem ? Would it be better to send midi clock from Ableton Live to Axe Fx 2 ? How can I do that ? Do you think that changing the scene of a preset on the axe fx at the same time than rec/play a loop could be a problem ? Should I use different midi channels for scenes changing info and looping info ? Is having the Axe Edit open while sending midi to the Axe Fx2 could mess with the synchronisation of the looper ?

Thank you

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2024-02-04 à 20.59.05.png
    Capture d’écran 2024-02-04 à 20.59.05.png
    621.6 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom