MIDI/Remote Settings Issue - FW 1.10

Pettymusic

Inspired
It seems as though there is an issue with the MIDI on the III but, I don't know for sure.

I can go in the Midi Remote menu and enter the commands coming from my MC6. Everything works perfectly until I power cycle the III. After powering back on the III will not respond to any of the midi messages until I go back in the Midi Remote menu, change the midi cc# then change it back again. Then that Midi CC command will work.....until I power cycle. I used midimonitor.com to verify the midi mssgs from the MC6, the Midi In activity lights up on the III when I press the buttons.

Can anyone else confirm?

Thanks!

Does the III retain the values you’ve entered in MIDI/Remote after powering off and on?

What would happen if you zero out the numbers, and power off and on, then add the numbers back in. Just wondering if it's remembering the problematic set in some manner?

Hi @Pettymusic. Can you please let us know what firmware version you are running? That could be a critical detail in this report.

OK thank you. I added that to your forum post title. Can you let me know if this problem goes away if you disconnect the MC6 while the Axe-Fx III is being rebooted?

I stand corrected. This actually resolves the issue. As long as I do NOT have the MC6 powered on and connected while powering on the III, it works!

After rebooting it without the MC6 connected and it retains the settings, can you then leave it connected when rebooting after that and the settings are still there? Or does it always have to be disconnected while rebooting?

After rebooting it without the MC6 connected and it retains the settings, can you then leave it connected when rebooting after that and the settings are still there? Or does it always have to be disconnected while rebooting?

The settings are there/ remain no matter what. So, there has not been an instance where the settings were not there.

If the MC6 is connected and powered on when I power on the III, it will not respond to any messages from the MC6. It always has to be disconnected in order for it to work.

The settings are there/ remain no matter what. So, there has not been an instance where the settings were not there.

If the MC6 is connected and powered on when I power on the III, it will not respond to any messages from the MC6. It always has to be disconnected in order for it to work.

What if the MC6 is powered off but connected, is that okay?

Yes, that scenario seems to work. Only when the MC6 is powered on and connected seems to be related to the issue.

What MIDI messages is the MC6 transmitting at this time? Active sensing? Tempo? How are you connecting the MC6 to the AxeIII (single MIDI cable or two)?

What MIDI messages is the MC6 transmitting at this time? Active sensing? Tempo? How are you connecting the MC6 to the AxeIII (single MIDI cable or two)?

Standard CC# messages for scene increments -/+, toggle drive on/off, delay on/off, tuner. Single midi cable connected only.

Standard CC# messages for scene increments -/+, toggle drive on/off, delay on/off, tuner. Single midi cable connected only.

What I meant was, what messages is it sending while the Axe is booting.

When things are working properly with the MC6, does the MIDI In light on the front of the Axe blink even when you are not doing anything with the MC6?

Do you have another cable to test with?

Do you have another MIDI device of any kind you can test with? Another foot controller or even keyboard?

I’m on 1.10 and my MC6 MKII also can be powered on and connected, before booting my Axe, with no problems.

I am powering my MC6 via its USB port, using a phone’s charger (with a full sized USB port), just to include an alternate to using a wall wart with barrel connector. (@MorningstarFX suggested to me, since I didn’t have any wall warts with the correct specs.)

Back
Top Bottom