MIDI programming Question - CC# and data value

eugewong

Hi,

Just got a LF jr and I'm trying to do this with an IA switch. Can't seem to complete the task.

I have a preset, and I'd like the IA when on to :
a) bypass Delay 1
b) Turn on Delay 2

And the IA when off to:
c) bypass Delay 2
d) Turn on Delay 1

I've managed to get a), b) & d) to work, but can't get c) to happen.

Anyone can advise on what I'm doing wrong?

I have..

IA 3
ON, msg 1 - send cc#47, value 0
msg 2 - send cc#48, value 127

OFF, msg 1 - send cc#47, value 127
msg 2 - send cc#48, value 0

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Eugene

this looks OK to me.
I would use a sysex recorder like Bome's SendSX to view what the IA actually does.

If that turns out to be OK, I think you're error is to be found in the Axe-Fx settings.
You probably used an external controller to modify the mix (or level or bypassmode or..) of Delay2. Check the start and end % values, should be 0 and 100

Also, if this is a situation you always want to use (delay1 or delay2), you could do the trick with 1 controller
ON msg 1 - send cc#77 value 127
OFF msg 1 - send cc#77 value 000

let's asume cc#77 is connected to external 1 and that you use MIX in both delays to control it
DELAY1 - MIX - controller:
source: external 1
start: 0%
end: 100%
DELAY2 - MIX - controller:
source: external 1
start: 100%
end: 0%

Hi Voes,

(btw, thank you for the online LF guide, its been invaluable!)

I've tried to bypass the Delays by themselves with the IA switch and it works fine if I'm working with 1 msg at a time. Once I include the 2nd msg, that's when issues begin.

For example, with the IA switch, I can turn on and off Delay 1 by itself just fine, and just changing the CC#, I can turn on and off Delay 2 perfectly.
Once I set up the switch to turn on 1 but turn off 2 and vice versa, that's when it starts to get weird..

have you tried using a different CC chanel?

the MFC 101 has the ability to send 2 discrete CC messages on 2 discrete channels. Have you tried using the second cc channel to invoke 2nd change you are seeking?

Newbie here, but just sharing stuff I'm learning (to figure how its really used).

nick

the MFC 101 has the ability to send 2 discrete CC messages on 2 discrete channels. Have you tried using the second cc channel to invoke 2nd change you are seeking?

The channel for both CCs has to be whatever channel the Axe-FX is set to, unless it's in omni mode.

This might be caused by consecutive messages sent too rapidly. I noticed that when testing some things using sysex commands & SendSX. It would only respond to one of the messages, then I lowered the transmit speed and it would randomly respond to some of the others. If there's a way to specify a pause length between CCs from the LF Jr. that could help.

The channel for both CCs has to be whatever channel the Axe-FX is set to, unless it's in omni mode.

This might be caused by consecutive messages sent too rapidly. I noticed that when testing some things using sysex commands & SendSX. It would only respond to one of the messages, then I lowered the transmit speed and it would randomly respond to some of the others. If there's a way to specify a pause length between CCs from the LF Jr. that could help.

from my site:
"REMARK: if you want to use more than 1 sysex command with the Axe-Fx you need to put a delay-command (120)
between them in order for the Axe-Fx to be able to process it."

from my site:
"REMARK: if you want to use more than 1 sysex command with the Axe-Fx you need to put a delay-command (120)
between them in order for the Axe-Fx to be able to process it."

120 what? milliseconds?

I've written my own controller and I ran into an issue with sending to many CC's for an expression pedal in a short space of time. And the "fix" was to use the damping parameter on the axefx to slow the processing down by 8 to 12 ms. So maybe 120 ms would be way overkill. I should rewrite my controller to automatically space the CC's by about that much, but I haven't got around to it yet.

Back
Top Bottom