MIDI problem with Diezel amps

MarkusGebhardt

Hi,

I just got my AxeFx 3 and FC-12 and wanted to use it for effects only with my Diezel Hagen and Paul amps. I inserted a MIDI block in my scenes to switch presets on the amp (MIDI PC). The problem is that sometimes the program change works on the Diezel and sometimes it doesn't. I had the same problem with my old FX8 but that was fixed in a firmware update (Quote from the release notes of the firmware: "Optimize MIDI output to support devices with a very short timeout (such as Diezel Amps)". Is it possible to fix that issue for the Axe3 as well?

Kind regards
Markus

Last edited:
Hi,

I just got my AxeFx 3 and FC-12 and wanted to use it for effects only with my Diezel Hagen and Paul amps. I inserted a MIDI block in my scenes to switch presets on the amp (MIDI PC). The problem is that sometimes the program change works on the Diezel and sometimes it doesn't. I had the same problem with my old FX8 but that was fixed in a firmware update (Quote from the release notes of the firmware: "Optimize MIDI output to support devices with a very short timeout (such as Diezel Amps)". Is it possible to fix that issue for the Axe3 as well?

Kind regards
Markus
I just recently bought a Diezel Hagen and had the same issue. I found a way to trick it and make it change every time rather than sometimes. When assigning a PC# to a scene, make sure you do it twice. In other words since you can send multiple PC# messages with the press of one button just assign the same one twice. It will switch the amp channel every time this way.

I thought I had it beat with this method however it seems to have presented a different problem. There is a slight lag in the actual switching of the channels now. There has to be a fix that actually works smoothly but I haven’t figured it out yet.

Last edited:
I am necro bumping this thread as I am having the same issue and ready to sell my III and go back to my FX8. Does anyone have any idea what the deal is? Did you guys find a solution to this?

I am necro bumping this thread as I am having the same issue and ready to sell my III and go back to my FX8. Does anyone have any idea what the deal is? Did you guys find a solution to this?

Are you saying it doesn't happen with the FX8? The commonality so far seems to be the Diezel amps.

the switching is working perfectly for me now using the Axe Fx iii and my Diezel Hagen. Just send the same PC# twice for each scene using the midi block. Not sure why the lag is gone now but it may have somehow been addressed in one of the recent firmware updates. I am on the newest firmware.

Last edited:
the switching is working perfectly for me now using the Axe Fx iii and my Diezel Hagen. Just send the same cc# twice for each scene using the midi block. Not sure why the lag is gone now but it may have somehow been addressed in one of the recent firmware updates. I am on the newest firmware.

You use MIDI CC and not PC to switch channels? My VH4 has only been responding on PC and not CC....

You use MIDI CC and not PC to switch channels? My VH4 has only been responding on PC and not CC....
I’m sorry about that! you are correct it is PC. Here is a pic of scene 3’s midi block for reference. Just update the value number for each scene to reflect the channel you want to select on your amp.

Attachments

• 873A5F04-F88E-429C-850D-8322CEF5FB3E.jpeg
    873A5F04-F88E-429C-850D-8322CEF5FB3E.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 27
I’m sorry about that! you are correct it is PC. Here is a pic of scene 3’s midi block for reference. Just update the value number for each scene to reflect the channel you want to select on your amp.

I tried this and it still doesn't work... I think I'm just going to go back to the FX8. Thank you for your help though.

I never had to do that with my FX8. When do you hit the store button?
As an example: setup the duplicate midi PC changes in scene 1 then switch to scene two. Go back to scene 1 then press store button on the amp twice. Do this for each of the scenes and channels for your amp. Worked like a charm for me. Of course I have a Hagen not VH4 but the keys are the double PC# and pressing store on the amp. See attached pic from VH4 manual for how to store.

Attachments

• 0BE55D04-F0AD-486C-AC1D-4D9EFD303652.png
    0BE55D04-F0AD-486C-AC1D-4D9EFD303652.png
    460.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
As an example: setup the duplicate midi PC changes in scene 1 then switch to scene two. Go back to scene 1 then press store button on the amp twice. Do this for each of the scenes and channels for your amp. Worked like a charm for me. Of course I have a Hagen not VH4 but the keys are the double PC# and pressing store on the amp. See attached pic from VH4 manual for how to store.

I tried this and it didn't work for me.

Back
Top Bottom