Midi problem after updating the software?

Hi

I use the axe-fx ultra in an wet, dry wet setup and I use an expression pedal with the rocktron all-access to control wet levels.
Expression is programmed to change the level knobs inside the reverb and delay and I have set the curve so it starts at a resonable level and I can boost the wet levels from that point but not turn them all the way of.
I don't have the latest software think it is v.8.7 or 8.8, can't remember right now.
Been using it for studio work lately not using any midi controllers and everything
has been working fine, so it never crossed my mind to check if midi was working as it should before putting it back in my rig and bringing it for a gig(very stupid move).
First thing I noticed during soundcheck was that after using the expression pedal the wet levels from the axe-fx was suddenly very weak. Turned it up to a reasonable level with the output knob infront and 2 minutes later the wet level is far to loud.
I disconnected the pedal from the all-access and changed the midi cable (thinking one of the two was maybe causing the problem) set the wet levels again and then the gig started.
3 minutes into the gig the levels are far to high again without the use of expression.
This time it stayed that way so I adjusted the levels infront of the axe again and finished the job.
After the gig I checked the reverb and delay level control and they are starting out where it should be if I push the expression all the way down (max level).
Gigging the next day I re-program the patches so the levels can't be changed with midi.
Now everything seems to be stable and I still use the all-access to change presets and turn boost, drive and chorus on and off.
I haven't had the opportunity to investigate any further and I won't be seeing the rig until I gig with it again next friday.
Anybody got an idea?

Back
Top Bottom