Midi - Preset Up from current Preset

dmock66

I just got a Jet MCX midi controller. I was able to get it set up to do 4 of the 5 things I wanted. I assigned direct access of Scenes 4-5-6 to the three short button press functions. The two other things I wanted was a long press on Button C to toggle access to the Tuner - which I also could do. Where I am not able to get the disired outcome is to be able to use the Long Press on Button A to Preset Up from the current preset. I can set it to Preset Up - but it resets to the first preset then goes up from there. How do I set it to Preset Up from the CURRENT preset? Is there a setting that allows the FM3 to "know what preset you're on" and go up one from there?

Thank you for the response.

Is that saying that I cannot do the same "Preset Up" using MIDI as using the FM3 switches - meaning starting "on current preset"?

I assigned a CC# to Preset Increment in the global midi Other page - then called that CC in my midi controller. I sent "0" - which I suspect is why it sent me back to the first preset. However, I believe I could send a specific preset number via midi - and that would be my starting point to begin scrolling up from as opposed to "0". Is there a way to send a code that is equal to "start with the current preset"?

... I think I've found an alternate path:

If I re-arrange presets so that the group I want to "preset up" against are always the first five preset slots (I play at church and only need to quickly scroll up between songs during the service) - then how I've got it programmed now will work. I would prefer to "preset up from current location" - but having my service songs in the first five preset slots will also create the same outcome.

It is saying that the preset increment/decrement via midi is separate from the similar "native" switch capability.

Are you sending CC# 0 or value of 0?

I think you need to send a value of 64-127 (midi "on").

Also make sure you don't have PC Mapping enabled.

It is saying that the preset increment/decrement via midi is separate from the similar "native" switch capability.

Are you sending CC# 0 or value of 0?

I think you need to send a value of 64-127 (midi "on").

Also make sure you don't have PC Mapping enable

I assigned CC#35 to Preset Increment in the global midi Other page. I had been sending a value of "0" - but changed that value to "127" - same behavior. It takes me initially to Preset 000 - then increments (or decrements) as expected from there. Regardless of value 0 or 127 - the first time I use Preset Increment it goes to Preset 000.

Also I confirmed that PC Mapping is OFF.

I assigned CC#35 to Preset Increment in the global midi Other page. I had been sending a value of "0" - but changed that value to "127" - same behavior. It takes me initially to Preset 000 - then increments (or decrements) as expected from there. Regardless of value 0 or 127 - the first time I use Preset Increment it goes to Preset 000.

Also I confirmed that PC Mapping is OFF.
Weird... Maybe contact Fractal support? Seems like a bug...

It does seem weird... and THANK YOU for your help - most appreciated!!!

I can make it work - it may actually force me to do better preset management. :)

Hi @dmock66 ,
Did you get any way to start from the current preset and not from the Preset Inc/Dec Start?
Thx,
Joakim

Unfortunately I did not. It always goes to Preset 000. I can make that work for me. I play at church and will simply load the first preset in my service order to Preset 000. Once it calibrates back to that preset the functionality to Inc/Dec works as expected. From a "workflow perspective" I'll use the first 5 slots as my "church service" slots and load the necessary presets, in order each week, starting at 000.

So - not perfect, but I can work within the functionality as it stands.

Back
Top Bottom