Midi pedal to start/stop metronome

EricBic

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could suggest a very simple midi pedal to be used to start/stop the metronome. Thanks

/Eric

You can use one of the 4 pedal slots rather than MIDI. That would be the easiest. Just pick up a Boss FS-5U or something similar.

If you really want MIDI, the Morningstar MC6 is probably the best bet for inexpensive, simple programming. It would have to be programmable so you can choose which MIDI CC to send.

Picked up a Boss FS-5U but not getting it to work, anyone else have success with this?

- FS-5U connected to Pedal 1 input
- In CTRL page, Metronome set to Pedal 1 (tried both setting it manually and with the learn function)
- In Pedal page, Pedal1 Type = Momentary (Tested calibration and see that the Ax8 picks up the presses correctly)

Any help would be appreaciated

Last edited:
Picked up a Boss FS-5U but not getting it to work, anyone else have success with this?

- FS-5U connected to Pedal 1 input
- In CTRL page, Metronome set to Pedal 1 (tried both setting it manually and with the learn function)
- In Pedal page, Pedal1 Type = Momentary (Tested calibration and see that the Ax8 picks up the presses correctly)

Any help would be appreaciated

Are you using a TS (rather than TRS) cable? I tested this with a simple keyboard sustain pedal before posting so it does indeed work.

Make sure the metronome level is up. Also, it looks like you can't have anything else assigned to the Pedal1 slot, so be sure to reassign External1 to "none" or something else. I don't know if that's a bug or a feature, but it feels like a bug to me.

Back
Top Bottom