midi pedal board

The Toff

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum and just wondered a couple of things.

I know you can set up your own patches on the Axe Fx , selected by a midi controller , but can you kick in/out a hamonizer on a midi pedal board without changing patches? I only use a couple of banks and don't wanna go scrolling through loads of banks in a live situation, so only need to kick in the odd extra effect now and then.

Any one recommend a good midi controller with vol and expression [wah] pedals??

thanks!

So you wanna use it as a virtual pedalboard...

Than you have to ask yourself howmany stompboxes you want to use besides for example the harmonizer
and than you know how many ia,s your futureboard has to have and you can pick your choice ...

Don,t know boards with more ia,s say like 10 that has expressionpedals buildin btw.

Rocktron do a version of their all access with an included Hex pedal mounted on the side.

I have a standard All Access with a Hex mounted on a cheap Pedalboard (doesnt need to be expensive as it only has the 2 pedals and the All Access is quite large).

I like the all access - It gives me banks of 5 patches with 10 IAs for each patch. Also check the liquidfoot Pro which has even more functionality (though the Rocktron is also good here), or the ALL Access FX1. The FX1 and Rocktron are older models but are top controllers.

The Gordius little giant is also a good controler which is fully programable but I believe has less IAs avilable.

All these are quite pricey though (the rocktron does come up on EBay though - I got mine used as new there for £300). Cheaper options are the roland and Behringer boards. Not so programable with less IAs available BUT they do come with expression pedals.

thanks for this info guys.

what I meant was, can I kick in the Axe Fx harmoniser at any time from a midi pedal board?

There are multiple ways of making assignments in the AxeFX, for example you can simply define a CC# within the AxeFX that corresponds to the CC# of one of your MIDI Controllers control switches (I/A instant access). Then just assign this controller to the Harmonizers bypass parameter or level parameter. Of course, you can have multiple parameters assigned to this one control switch within the one preset and have totally different parameters in your other presets making for a very versatile switch.

paulmapp8306 said:
Rocktron do a version of their all access with an included Hex pedal mounted on the side.

I have a standard All Access with a Hex mounted on a cheap Pedalboard (doesnt need to be expensive as it only has the 2 pedals and the All Access is quite large).

I like the all access - It gives me banks of 5 patches with 10 IAs for each patch. Also check the liquidfoot Pro which has even more functionality (though the Rocktron is also good here), or the ALL Access FX1. The FX1 and Rocktron are older models but are top controllers.

The Gordius little giant is also a good controler which is fully programable but I believe has less IAs avilable.

All these are quite pricey though (the rocktron does come up on EBay though - I got mine used as new there for £300). Cheaper options are the roland and Behringer boards. Not so programable with less IAs available BUT they do come with expression pedals.

The All Access can also have all switches as IA and each bank becomes a preset, can't it? Maybe I'm wrong. But you can at least choose between three preset modes, either it's 1,5 or 10 or it is 5,10 or 15.

Just want to correct about the FX1; the manufacturer is called Axess, not All Access.

Another one that is ALMOST in the league of the FX1 and All Access, but not quite there is the Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro (do NOT confuse with Ground Control...it's much inferior to the pro. I learned that the hard way).

There is also the option of waiting for Fractal's own controller. No official release date or price yet.

whoops, I'm not really up on forum stuff....so if someone in charge would be kind enough to move the topic to the right sector that would be great.

Cheers

thanks for the responses too!

Back
Top Bottom