Wish MIDI PC that doesn't deactivate tuner

eldanko

Our band is using Ableton to push patch and scene changes out to my Fractal during live shows. So far, it's working great except for one quirk: if I am in the middle of tuning and a PC message fires from the computer, the tuner is turned off when the new preset is loaded. This is a bit annoying, as I am frequently tuning between songs when the PC is sent, causing me to become un-muted.

In other words, my preferred behavior would be for the new preset to load but the tuner remain on until I turn it off.

Thank you guys for continually making improvements!

+1. Would be a great option to be able to make the tuner (and associated mute function) persistent. I wonder how this might affect other MIDI controllers (like my RJM GT-16 that supports “visual tuning”) that are connected to the AFX3.

Bumping this again (unless I missed it in an update over the past year).

Would it be possible to get this included in an update soon? It's still a pain to have to zero out my volume pedal in case a PC change is fired while I'm tuning. Thanks friends!

This could be just a menu option for "Turn off tuner when preset change received Y/N". I could see people wanting one or the other.

I guess this is an oversight in how the preset switching works where the tuner is not truly independent of it as it probably depends on having an input block.

Back
Top Bottom