MIDI Patch Changes Slow?

ConnorGilks

Experienced
I'm finding the patch changes with my Behringer FCB1010 a bit slow. Every time I change it ducks volume and take a bit too long to switch patches and fade the volume back in for my liking. Kind of takes away from a lot of parts of songs where a big impact is needed or I need to change between sounds for a split second.

Is it my foot controller? Is it the AxeFX II? Is there a setting I can change? Thanks for reading! :)

NOTE: I have been told that scene switching is faster than patch switching but the way my foot controller is set up is perfect for me right now and doesn't use scenes, so if I can avoid having to incorporate scenes that would be helpful.

Have you tried using Stompbox mode for one of the rows of switches? That allows to change between, for example, rhythm and lead whilst remaking within the patch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want seamless switching, scenes are the way to go, as preset switching is too slow for mid-song changes IMO.

Have you tried using Stompbox mode for one of the rows of switches? That allows to change between, for example, rhythm and lead whilst remaking within the patch

Could you explain a bit more how that would work? Wouldn't it be more work to change between sounds that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want seamless switching, scenes are the way to go, as preset switching is too slow for mid-song changes IMO.

I'd be willing to try scenes (if I can manage to set up my FCB1010 for it) but I wasn't sure if I can have entirely new signal chains in the different scenes or if they are just modified versions of a signal chain? Is there any down side to using scenes?

I had the same problem. I thought it was my FC-200. I ended up switching scenes within presets and it's instantaneous switching now.

Back
Top Bottom