Closed MIDI out via the unused USB port... Changing preset on other devices

Sean Clancy

Yes - so we have a 2nd USB plug on the back of the Fm3. I can't imagine that there would be any reason to add it without any view to utilise it down the line.

I have a Godin XSTA guitar with a midi input. It sounds great going into a Boss GP-10. It's hands down handling all sorts of different tunings than other gear I have (including virtual capo)... The only problem is that all it's Midi is done via USB (no midi ports).

I've tried using a USB cable to change the presets to the GP-10 with a Midi Block, no dice (as I imagine that would only work with the Fm3 midi ports...duh)

Is there any likelihood of using this 2nd USB jack to export data such as program data to change other devices?

Right now it's just sitting there like a bump on a log :)
Cheers,
Sean

Coming from Helix Floor and Variax, because I'm too lazy to carry my II XL rack and 10 guitars, I am about to have my FM3 around next week and built a new rig which includes my GP-10, an HX Stomp, or the Helix Floor as additional fx and remote. If you want to control the GP-10 via MIDI, all you need is a MIDX-20. Tried it with the GP and Stomp, just awesome! Oh, and what's coming out of the guitar is not MIDI - it is 6 different guitar signals plus ground combined in a 13-pin cable. In case of the Roland GK-3 that means 6 split-humbuckers...

primovasound(dot)com/midx_20(dot)html

Back
Top Bottom