MIDI Messages from AFIII/FM9 to Marshall JVM-410H

VegasDude

Hey Axe Crew...

So, I'm looking to integrate my AFIII/FM9 with a Marshall JVM-410H. Can anyone help me with the right MIDI signals (values) to pass to the JVM head? I need a MIDI block, correct?

And is there any way to get a stereo signal out from a mono head?

THX!

Last edited:
So, I'm looking to integrate my AFIII/FM9 with a Marshall JVM-410H. Can anyone help me with the right MIDI signals (values) to pass to the JVM head? I need a MIDI block, correct?
Depends... You can use the Scene Midi block to send changes with scenes or you can use Control Switch midi to send changes independently.

What you need to send will require knowing what the amp expects. Have you checked the manual for your amp?
And is there any way to get a stereo signal out from a mono head?
No...

Depends... You can use the Scene Midi block to send changes with scenes or you can use Control Switch midi to send changes independently.

What you need to send will require knowing what the amp expects. Have you checked the manual for your amp?

No...
Yes, I think I want the block in the scene to send the message. That way it's one button click to change scenes and the MIDI message. I don't really know too much about MIDI so I thought someone here might know the specific MIDI messages the JVM is expecting just to change between the 4 channels.

Took less than a minute to find on the old Google machine..

Not sure if it is correct?
View attachment 120016
Thanks! Yeah, I downloaded this. Just not sure how it works. I'm not a MIDI guy. But I'm imagining that I use the CC Function (as opposed to PC?) and the 16, 17, 18 & 19 for the 4 channels and the 0, 1, 2 for the colors? Is that right?

Thanks! Yeah, I downloaded this. Just not sure how it works. I'm not a MIDI guy. But I'm imagining that I use the CC Function (as opposed to PC?) and the 16, 17, 18 & 19 for the 4 channels and the 0, 1, 2 for the colors? Is that right?
That's what it looks like. And make sure to set those CC messages on the same midi channel as the JVM.

According to that chart.

Sending a value of '0' on CC #16 would switch to 'Clean Green'
Sending a value of '2' on CC #16 would switch to 'Clean Red'
Sending a value of '0' on CC #19 would switch to 'OD2 Green'
Sending a value of '0' on CC #17 would switch to 'Crunch Green'
etc....

Here's how you would set the MIDI block for a Scene to select CLEAN GREEN.
First, add the MIDI block to your preset, then select the desired Scene, then enter the following values:
1682373447984.png

In comparison, here's OD1 RED:

1682373515135.png

According to that chart.

Sending a value of '0' on CC #16 would switch to 'Clean Green'
Sending a value of '2' on CC #16 would switch to 'Clean Red'
Sending a value of '0' on CC #19 would switch to 'OD2 Green'
Sending a value of '0' on CC #17 would switch to 'Crunch Green'
etc....
Looks like it! Thanks!

Hi,

I’ve got a JVM-410H. First off, this version only accepts PC MIDI messages, the one accepting CC is the Joe Satriani version. Here it goes mi set up:

• 4CM between amp and Ace FX.
  • 12 different presets (green, orange and red) for each channel.
  • 5 different scenes in each channel (Normal using master 1, boosted using Master 2, Normal Reverb, Boosted Reverb and Clean). Reverb meaning using amp’s reverb.
  • Amp’s cabinet out to Fryette PS-100.
  • PS-100 out back to Axe FX for cabinet modelling.
  • Axe FX AES out to audio interface.
  • AI to monitors.

For MIDI set up I use the MIDI block, you just put the amo on the mode you want, then press the midi switch twice, red light flashing, finally you put the number you want on the PC option in the MIDI block and the red flight will stop flashing.

*See the manual to set up the MIDI channel on the amp.

Hi,

I’ve got a JVM-410H. First off, this version only accepts PC MIDI messages, the one accepting CC is the Joe Satriani version. Here it goes mi set up:

• 4CM between amp and Ace FX.
  • 12 different presets (green, orange and red) for each channel.
  • 5 different scenes in each channel (Normal using master 1, boosted using Master 2, Normal Reverb, Boosted Reverb and Clean). Reverb meaning using amp’s reverb.
  • Amp’s cabinet out to Fryette PS-100.
  • PS-100 out back to Axe FX for cabinet modelling.
  • Axe FX AES out to audio interface.
  • AI to monitors.

For MIDI set up I use the MIDI block, you just put the amo on the mode you want, then press the midi switch twice, red light flashing, finally you put the number you want on the PC option in the MIDI block and the red flight will stop flashing.

*See the manual to set up the MIDI channel on the amp.
Brilliant. How do you like it? Compared to the JVM model in AXIII/FM9? As much as I would love to beat the drum that the pre-am and power amp modeling is accurate, I can't. There is a definite punch that is missing when trying to model this side of the signal chain. What are your thoughts?

Brilliant. How do you like it? Compared to the JVM model in AXIII/FM9? As much as I would love to beat the drum that the pre-am and power amp modeling is accurate, I can't. There is a definite punch that is missing when trying to model this side of the signal chain. What are your thoughts?
Don’t have anything against the modeled amp. I just like the way it feels when I play it through this setup. Besides, I have a FC12, so let me move between channels with no hassle.

Back
Top Bottom