Midi Guitar 2 + iPad + Axe-Fx III?

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
Is anyone here using Midi Guitar 2 + iPad + Axe Fx III?

I had played around a bit before with Midi Guitar 2 and now I have a need to use it.

I would like to be able to use it with a preset on the Axe Fx III so that I can have both a guitar signal chain and a synth signal chain BUT it appears I need to use Output 1 to get the input signal into the app. This means that there is always a "dry" guitar signal being passed along as I have to get the input (guitar) signal to Output 1 before the app sees it.

The app doesn't seem to support selecting from alternate inputs the Axe Fx provides.

I'm using a lightning to USB cable between iPad and Axe Fx III, and other apps such as Bandhelper see all the Axe Fx I/O options.

I would prefer to use an iPad not a laptop, a I've already got that with me at a gig for IEM mix and Bandhelper.

When you posted your message earlier today I started researching Midi Guitar 2. I had heard about it before, but dismissed it as I thought it wouldn't work for live performance. And now a couple hours later, I'm still not yet seeing how to set it up with my AX8. (I also don't have an iPad, and would want to use my Windows laptop.) But what I am otherwise reading about it is very intriguing.

What I would like to be able to do is to come out of the effects loop block on AX8 (Out 2) > into the laptop (or perhaps a Windows tablet) > back into the AX8 (In 2) and then to the looper, so I can setup a looped progression of strings or other midi sounds to play on top of with a parallel signal path on the AX8 of amp, speaker, effects, etc.

I'm wondering if using an audio interface, like the Scarlett, would work.

When you posted your message earlier today I started researching Midi Guitar 2. I had heard about it before, but dismissed it as I thought it wouldn't work for live performance. And now a couple hours later, I'm still not yet seeing how to set it up with my AX8. (I also don't have an iPad, and would want to use my Windows laptop.) But what I am otherwise reading about it is very intriguing.

What I would like to be able to do is to come out of the effects loop block on AX8 (Out 2) > into the laptop (or perhaps a Windows tablet) > back into the AX8 (In 2) and then to the looper, so I can setup a looped progression of strings or other midi sounds to play on top of with a parallel signal path on the AX8 of amp, speaker, effects, etc.

I'm wondering if using an audio interface, like the Scarlett, would work.
That should work. You just need a way to get the guitar signal into the app and then back out.

Back
Top Bottom