Midi Foot Controller Options...Rocktron Utopia G300? Anyone?

Glauben

Just wondering if anyone is using the Rocktron Utopia G300 as a midi controller...? It appears to be a sturdy piece of equipment, and not too bad to program. I've had other Rocktron equipment in the past that impressed me. It looks to be constructed from metal and has a rich display for clarification of Axe Fx programs (but probably requires manual data entry).

Anyone want to comment on this item? Trying to decide b/t this and the FC300.

Well, I guess I know which midi controller you favor. Thanks for the insight. Any comments on why you went with the Behringer and not the Roland that I mentioned??

No. It seems to have a second function mode also, plus it has a harmonic tuner. I don't think any of the lesser expensive midi controllers have access to the Axe-Fx tuner...

Glauben said:
Well, I guess I know which midi controller you favor. Thanks for the insight. Any comments on why you went with the Behringer and not the Roland that I mentioned??

Other than I'm a cheap bastard & I can make the FCB1010 meet 90% of my needs for 10-20% the cost of the other controllers? :)

And it has plenty of upgradability/adaptability/flexibility/programability with a wide user base that can answer most questions fairly easy.

I am a complete & total uber noob when it comes to MIDI, but after upgrading it to UnO, using Ripwerx, I've got it way under control & have done things other people said not possible or not w/o some work or extra equipment (looper controls w/o giving up IA's & using Ripwerx/Axe-FX Editor real time w/o a merger).

The Axe-FX is the 4th most expensive SINGLE thing I own behind:
- my home
- my cars
- my woman's ring

Glauben said:
No. It seems to have a second function mode also
which is great for controlling the G300, but it's not gonna do diddly squat to control the Axe-Fx

You new to MIDI?

If not, seriously... read the manual.

If you are... well... that's a large topic. But briefly: to change presets on the Axe-Fx, you need something that will send MIDI PC messages (check, the G300 will do that). To alter values and toggle effects on the Axe-Fx, you need something that will send MIDI CC messages (strike, the G300 will not do that*).

*as far as I know and as far as the manual and any product literature let on

[edit] p.s. my posts are kinda grumpy today... not sure why... sorry 'bout that. [/edit]

You guys are awesome. I can take a little grumpiness...as long as I get something out of the discussion. I think I'll go ahead with the FCB1010 as recommended. There's no need to spend the additional money for the Roland product.

Thanks guys for the insights.

Back
Top Bottom