MIDI Foot controller 101

I'm sure it would, it has standard MIDI out... the question is, why would you want it? $300 for a 4 character LCD screen?

I bought a used Roland FC-300 for less than 200 smacks and it has two pedals and all of the CC switches that thing has.

And its built like a tank.

I'd prefer the Fractal thingie, but in the meantime...

IKM makes good stuff, but that thing is geared for Amplitube and it's limited in what you can do with it. There are a lot better options out there. Heck I'd take my FCB1010 with the uno mod chip over that anyday of the week. It can be programmed for just about anything you can think up, has 2 expression pedals, has plenty of support and several editing applications and can even be modified for phantom power so you only need one cable from the Axe-FX.

Their tech support is also a bit on the slow side. I was waiting for them to fix a MIDI issue with Amplitube 3 because I was planning on buying it. I spoke on another forum with one of their reps and after 2 months of promises I decided to just buy the Axe-FX. I believe they released the patch about 2 weeks later and it didn't fix the problem anyway.

From what I understand they have had MIDI controller issues with every ampsim they've released; I just don't have enough faith in them to give them my money. Nice guys, decent souding stuff for what it is, but if there's a bug you need to be prepared to live with it for a while. And don't forget that they'll be like every other company out there...StealthPedal 102 will be coming out one day and support will be dropped even if it never worked like it was supposed to in the first place.

The FCB1010 on the other hand has been around for almost a decade and is proven and well supported.

So I'd buy the MFC101 from Fractal. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom