Midi/FCB1010 noob question

markus

Inspired
Hey guys. I'm pretty stunned when it comes to midi/controller stuff, so I come to you with this question:

I have an FCB1010 w/ Uno. I use the Ripwerx software. I have it setup for stompbox mode. Is there any way for me to turn on/off 2 effects in a patch with 1 stomp? e.g. if I want a pedal marked 'lead' to turn on a drive and a delay, is there any way to do that? Maybe just have both effects use the same CC#, e.g. 26? Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

markus said:
Hey guys. I'm pretty stunned when it comes to midi/controller stuff, so I come to you with this question:

I have an FCB1010 w/ Uno. I use the Ripwerx software. I have it setup for stompbox mode. Is there any way for me to turn on/off 2 effects in a patch with 1 stomp? e.g. if I want a pedal marked 'lead' to turn on a drive and a delay, is there any way to do that? Maybe just have both effects use the same CC#, e.g. 26? Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

just like you suggested, just use the same CC# for both effects

Alright, thanks. Now taking it just one step further...

Say I have a small delay on my rhythm patch, and want to switch to a 'wetter' delay...

If delay 1 was active when I do a program change, and the lead drive and delay aren't active...If all are set for CC 26, and I hit my 'lead' pedal, will that turn off the delay1, while also turning on the drive and the lead delay?

Mark

markus said:

Say I have a small delay on my rhythm patch, and want to switch to a 'wetter' delay...

If delay 1 was active when I do a program change, and the lead drive and delay aren't active...If all are set for CC 26, and I hit my 'lead' pedal, will that turn off the delay1, while also turning on the drive and the lead delay?

Mark

I can't follow you :?:

you must save the ON/OFF status of each CC on each patch of your footcontroller. the footcontroller will always override the on/off status of the blocks in the Axe-Fx.

voes said:
markus said:

Mark

I can't follow you :?:

you must save the ON/OFF status of each CC on each patch of your footcontroller. the footcontroller will always override the on/off status of the blocks in the Axe-Fx.

ahhh..ok, I understand now. So, doing what I am asking is impossible on one switch. I would need to have another switch to turn off delay 1, and use the 'lead' switch to activate the drive and delay 2.

Mark

that depends. is delay1 ALWAYS on when in rhythm mode? if so it's doable with one switch

in that case it's possible. there are several ways to do this, this is one of them:

in the I/O menu - CTRL tab connect CC (26 I asume) to:

external1
drive1
delay2

important NOT delay1 (rhythm)

now when pushing IA switch cc26 will fire off and drive1 and delay2 will go ON/OFF, but delay1 is not controlled yet

in delay1 goto the MIX tab and select BYP MODE
hit enter
source= external1
start=100%
end=0%

that should do the trick!

voes said:
in that case it's possible. there are several ways to do this, this is one of them:

in the I/O menu - CTRL tab connect CC (26 I asume) to:

external1
drive1
delay2

important NOT delay1 (rhythm)

now when pushing IA switch cc26 will fire off and drive1 and delay2 will go ON/OFF, but delay1 is not controlled yet

in delay1 goto the MIX tab and select BYP MODE
hit enter
source= external1
start=100%
end=0%

that should do the trick!

Awesome! I figured there was a way to do it, but my peabrain would not allow me to figure it out. I really need to go through the Axe with a fine tooth comb and figure out the different things that are controllable. Hats off to you, Patrick!

Mark

Back
Top Bottom