Midi devices that work with Macs? (Macbook Pro user)

grunge782

So what are they? I can't for the life of me get my Cakewalk Roland UM-1G to work with my Axe as well as another forum member.

Also: I am looking for a recording interface preferebly with Firewire and S/PDIF. Are there any units that work for the mac and Axe that have this? I've seen the firebox but I am unsure if this works with the Macbook pro as well.

EDIT: I am using 10.6.2 to be specific.

Thanks for the responses, I'm looking around to see what works for my price range.

M-Audio Uno works ok with my Macbook Pro, not sure if that's a rule
cause Cliff said that Uno is actually not recommended...

Muris_Varajic said:
M-Audio Uno works ok with my Macbook Pro, not sure if that's a rule
cause Cliff said that Uno is actually not recommended...

+1. Did not work with Windows Vista, though. Not sure about Win 7 - haven't tried yet.

marsodude said:
M-Audio Midisport 2x2 Anniversary Edition USB Midi Interface here with mac book pro.

+2
If you can remember to push the silver button then you've tackled the hardest part of using this. :cool:

randocaster said:
MOTU Fastlane works well on my Mac.

Any of the MOTU stuff works very well on a Mac. I've got a FastLane that I don't use if you want something dirt cheap.

I've used several. The cheapest is the $5 all in one midi cord 1 x 1 interface you can get at Amazon. That's worked fine on a previous generation Macbook Pro with Leopard. Can't beat the value.

I'm using an 828mk II thats been working pretty well. Sometimes I get a problem downloading the firmware but it hasn't taken more than a couple of shots usually. The 828 mkII or mkIII are really nice boxes, I highly recommend them for the Mac.

Back
Top Bottom