MIDI Controller layout for III

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
With all the options available on III it is tempting to get a big midi controller with a lot of buttons. Trying to decide what i want to control and how many buttons i need. Can you share your controller layout? Number of buttons?

MasterMind GT10. With the paging functions and deep programmability, it's the best controller I've used. Ten buttons is plenty because they can be assigned to several functions depending on which controller page you are on. Bit of a learning curve, but hands down the most powerful.

I use my own firmware (available for free) with the BJ Devices TB-12

Page 1 foot-switches are:
[Scene 1] - [Scene 2] - [Scene 3] - [Scene 4] - [Scene 5] - [Backtracking]
[Drive] - [Boost] - [Reverb] - [Slapback] - [Tap Delay] - [Page Change]

Page 2 just replaces the scene foot-switches with other effects I use less often
[Pitch FX] - [Tremolo/Flint] - [Phaser/Flanger] - [Chorus/Rotary] - [A/B] - [Backtracking]
[Drive] - [Boost] - [Reverb] - [Slapback] - [Tap Delay] - [Page Change]

I can hold down the [Page Change] foot-switch to go to Page 3, which is just standard bank and patch selections.

The A/B switch toggles between dual effects shown above. For example in A-mode, I can use a Phaser (pre-overdrive), in B-mode, it's a Flanger (post overdrive).

I also use a volume pedal with the tuner activated automatically when volume is heel-down. I have another pedal that is a Wah in A-mode, and blends in an external organ effect (EHX C9 pedal) in B-mode.

Might give you some ideas :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom