Midi Controller External Modifier. Aaaggh I hate Midi!

bigkid

Hi all. I have my expression pedal plugged into the single switch Disaster Area Midi-Baby. Expression message values 0-127 are set to be transmitted from the MB on Midi Controller 10 to the FM9. A single cc message value: 5, is sent on Controller 5 when the single switch is pressed. Controllers 5 and 10 are assigned as External 5 and 10 on the FM9. I am using External 5 to toggle between wah and volume blocks. Expression messages are working fine but I get no response to the toggle using External 5.

Messages on the MB:

Midi-Baby Messages.JPG

Controller 5 message captured by Midi-Monitor:

Midi Viewer.JPG

Assigned External Controls on the FM9:

External Controllers.jpeg

and the bypass setup on the FM9:

FM9 Edit Vol Bypass External 5.JPG

I have used similar setup before on an FM3 and it worked fine. I am missing something obvious, for sure. Appreciate any help on offer. Damn midi. Always ends up a dog's breakfast whenever I touch it! :)

Hi all. I have my expression pedal plugged into the single switch Disaster Area Midi-Baby. Expression message values 0-127 are set to be transmitted from the MB on Midi Controller 10 to the FM9. A single cc message value: 5, is sent on Controller 5 when the single switch is pressed. Controllers 5 and 10 are assigned as External 5 and 10 on the FM9. I am using External 5 to toggle between wah and volume blocks. Expression messages are working fine but I get no response to the toggle using External 5.

Messages on the MB:

View attachment 113848

Controller 5 message captured by Midi-Monitor:

View attachment 113850

Assigned External Controls on the FM9:

View attachment 113851

and the bypass setup on the FM9:

View attachment 113852

I have used similar setup before on an FM3 and it worked fine. I am missing something obvious, for sure. Appreciate any help on offer. Damn midi. Always ends up a dog's breakfast whenever I touch it! :)
You are sending value 5 on CC#5. Prollyorta send 127, if you are using External 5 on both the volpan and wah bypasses to select which one's on, as to get switches to switch, you need to send a value > 64.

Probably also need to send 0 when off, and set up CC#5 to alternate between on and off (is that what the 'virtual toggle' setting I see does?) if it's not already set that way....

Thanks mr_fender, Joe Bfstplk, and elvis. That has sorted it for me. Much appreciated. For any midi-phobes out there like me, this is what works (although it appears from above that less extreme values will also work:

Midi-Baby Messages Updated.JPG

Back
Top Bottom