Midi connection to external 19" equipment

JPE

Who wants to help a new midi user?
I want to connect my Axe fx II to a external 19"equipment via midi out to midi in.
I use the MFC with faslink for program changes.
If I change a patch on my Axe fx II, I want the external device to follow to a different patch as well.

Can someone tell me, step by step, how to do this?
Thanks

Do you control other parameters on your Axe Fx besides preset changes?

Assuming you have an XL or XL+, see this manual I just discovered (looking for something related)

http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-2/Axe-Fx_II_XL_MIDI_THRU_Guide.pdf

Beyond that, set the other gear to the same midi channel (I think MFC and Axe Fx default to channel 1). You might be able to get away with not doing anything as many devices default to listening for midi on "omni", meaning all channels.

Be aware that in this setup, ANY midi you send to the Axe Fx will also be sent to the other device(s) connected and set to the same channel. You may not be happy with your results.

A more complex setup where the Axe Fx and other device(s) are not on the same channel will require advanced programming on the MFC. I believe you won't be able to use "Axe Fx Mode" to do that. I don't have experience with that on MFC, so I can offer a lot of help... But the general idea is to set each MFC switch to send two commands on two channels.

Back
Top Bottom