Midi change scene skips (FM9, Logic pro)

Mheezingg

Hi there, I'm having trouble changing midi programs. That is, when I press play and stop, the scene skips to the default (scene 1) before returning to the scene where I wrote the automation. Is it possible to resolve this to make sure it does not go to the scene default at initial?

*It makes no difference whether I use the Midi or USB connections on the FM9.

Gear : Fractal FM9 v 7.00
DAW : Logic pro X , Protool, ableton 11
Cable connect : USB

Hi there, I'm having trouble changing midi programs. That is, when I press play and stop, the scene skips to the default (scene 1) before returning to the scene where I wrote the automation. Is it possible to resolve this to make sure it does not go to the scene default at initial?

*It makes no difference whether I use the Midi or USB connections on the FM9.

Gear : Fractal FM9 v 7.00
DAW : Logic pro X , Protool, ableton 11
Cable connect : USB

When you load a preset, it must go to the default scene. That's how it works.

A preset can't load without loading a scene and that is always the default scene.

One way around this would be to enable PC Mapping, and then map your preset change to be the preset+scene combination you want.

When you load a preset, it must go to the default scene. That's how it works.

A preset can't load without loading a scene and that is always the default scene.

One way around this would be to enable PC Mapping, and then map your preset change to be the preset+scene combination you want.
I already turned the PC Mapping on and the effect was unresponsive then it did not work.

Like unix-guy says, the preset will always have the default scene loaded when you select it. So, I'm not sure what your question is. Are you asking how to change the default scene? Usually that's done by saving the preset with the desired default scene, then setting the "Default Scene" global setting to "As Saved".

If instead you're asking how to avoid redundant preset changes, you can turn on "Ignore redundant PC" in the Axe-FX.
I believe he wants to select the preset and the scene without having the default scene be loaded first, which of course isn't possible.

But maybe you're correct. The Ignore Redundant PC does prevent the preset from reloading if you're already on it.

I already turned PC mapping on ,but when playing it , the effect was unresponsive.

There's more to it than turning PC Mapping ON.

You need to assign the mapping of incoming PC to Preset+Scene.

Did you do that?

Seems like whatever you're sending is causing the unit to lockup.

Back
Top Bottom